Thursday, May 11, 2017

Promo: DESIRING LACEY by ERICA LYNN




1.  Tell us about your newest release.

My new novel, Desiring Lacey, is the first book in my Fantasies Unmasked Series. I think Lacey is incredibly special in that she's all of us. She's the voice in our head who says we want more in life. More passion. Lust. Sex. Love. She has found herself freshly divorced, on the verge of turning thirty, and she has no idea who she is anymore. What does she like? What are her dreams? What does she crave?
Her best friend, Stassi, convinces her to go to an exclusive private party, where masked men and women go to have a little anonymous and sexy fun. She meets the doorman, Cameron, and throws caution to the wind for one night, and the two have a sexy little tryst. Afterward, Cameron is completely infatuated with her and determined to get to know her better. Lacey is convinced they could never have a real future together considering how they met...and you'll just have to see if he's able to prove her wrong. ��


2. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

I think what surprised me the most was how I really let go in this book. I realized that, although not intentional, I may have held back in the past. My other novellas are sexy and fun, but I wanted this one to have a little more behind it. Like I said before, I feel like Lacey represents all of us at some point in our lives, male or female. Those needs we have that maybe make us feel a little weak. Those desires and fantasies that we, for some reason, only allow to live in a little corner of our brains rather than be brought out into the world and explored. I didn't want to put things in the book to be shocking, I wanted them to be honest. I really worked on bringing that authenticity into the characters and the story.

3.  How long have you been writing?

I only started writing seriously last year. My first novella, Her Husband's Brother, came out on March 22, 2016 with Loose ID, LLC... so as I write this it was *almost* 1yr ago. Since then I've had three more novellas come out, (Cuff Me, In the Shadows, and Wicked Game), and Desiring Lacey will be my first novel (self-publishing). I did it for fun and it has been one of the best decisions I have made. It's a creative release and I hope to be doing it for many years to come.

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

When I first started reading romance, I fell in love with Tessa Bailey and Katee Robert. Their work has definitely influenced me and my writing. My husband has been nothing short of amazing. He supports me and is so proud of me, and it warms my soul.
It's also been incredible to be immersed in such an awesome writing community! I've made so many friends on social media and gotten to meet a few of them as well. It's been too cool.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author?

My family thinks it's pretty neat. I love sending them pictures of my book covers and keeping them in the loop with what's going on in this writing adventure I'm on. My girls are too little to read what I write, but one day when they're much older, I hope they think what their mommy did was pretty cool.

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

I love love LOVE to bake. I like to cook, too, but I'm far better at baking. Getting to stay inside and bake some cookies, pies, breads...it just makes me happy. It's how I show people I love them. =)
I also enjoy reading when I can squeeze in the time, and I'm a self-proclaimed reality TV junkie. Seriously. You want to talk The Real Housewives? Hit me up. lol

7. Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

I'm working on book two in the Fantasies Unmasked Series (three books total), and I have a Contemporary Romance WIP, Where You Go, that I'm about 1/4 of the way through. I'm super excited about that one, but it's really different from anything I've written before. I'll more than likely use a different pen name for that story, so stay tuned!

8. How can readers connect with you online?

I'm all over the place on social media and I LOVE to connect with people. So definitely shoot me a message!

Email: MsEricaLynn@outlook.com
Amazon Author Page: http://tinyurl.com/j7uguyw
Facebook Author Group: Erica Lynn & All Things Sexy
Snapchat: MsEricaLynn85

No comments: