Thursday, July 07, 2016

Amy Woods Blog Tour: Writer’s Space

The hubby and I both work from home, and we share a workspace. Needless to say, space is limited! So when we were in the market for a new desk, storage was at the top of the list of must-haves, and, after much shopping online (great for procrastination; not so great for deadlines), we finally settled on one. Our new desk has so many spaces to put supplies and materials that sometimes I tuck something away and completely forget where it is! No joke, but that is part of what I love about it. The other thing I enjoy about my writing space is the nearby window. Watching the light flood in as day breaks, basking in the afternoon sunshine post-lunch, and seeing it soften as evening comes are a true joy during my writing day.

Where do you love to read or write?



Bonus:
For many barbecue lovers, it’s all about the meat. Not so for this Texas girl—give me sides over the main course any day! I love all the classic southern barbecue pairings—mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, pinto beans, potato salad…and the list goes on. But my favorite of all, hands-down, no contest, is fried okra. I could seriously eat bucket-loads of this breaded, crispy, deliciousness, and it’s one of those rare treats that I love so much I don’t even think about the calories. And anyway, it can’t be that bad, right? After all, okra is a vegetable! ;-)

Fried Okra (from Allrecipes.com)

Prep: 15 m
Cook: 15 m
Ready In: 30 m
Recipe By: Linda Martin

Ingredients
-10 pods okra, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
-1 egg, beaten
-1 cup cornmeal
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/2 cup vegetable oil

Directions
1.       In a small bowl, soak okra in egg for 5 to 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, and pepper.

2.       Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge okra in the cornmeal mixture, coating evenly. Carefully place okra in hot oil; stir continuously. Reduce heat to medium when okra first starts to brown, and cook until golden. Drain on paper towels.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2016 Allrecipes.com

No comments: