Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Spotlight on... McKayla Schutt!





1.  Tell us about your newest release.

Imprinted The Series is a love story about a woman who is just trying to find her place in the world and a werewolf who wants peace between his pack and the pack north of him.

2.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story? 

That I could actually finish a story. For the longest time I always had issues with writing the end of my stories.

3.  Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals? 

When it comes to writing I like to have oreos and milk but lately I have been all for my pepsi and some quiet which is hard to come by with two kiddos under the age of 4.  

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

I started going to a local writers group and a woman named Summer started pushing me to finish my stories and make them better. She is an author as well so sometimes we even bounce ideas around with each other.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author? 

My husband is proud of me while the rest of my family thinks that I should probably find another job to make more money but for me we are getting by. 

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have? 

I love to read, I have so many books on my To Be Read list it is crazy. I also like to paint, draw, and knit. Anything were I can create something beautiful I am all for it.

7.  Can you tell us what is coming up next for you? 

Currently I have two that will probably come out in tangent. One is titled Shifting Tactics about a woman who just got a divorce and now she has imprinted with two alpha males. They are now dealing with rouge werewolves and a pack that wants to take over their territory. The second one is currently titled Red Eclipse, about a witch who is on the run and ends up imprinting with a werewolf enforcer. 

8.  How can readers connect with you online? 

There are many way so here are all my lovely links and don’t be afraid to stalk me. ; )
Sign up for my Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/bylKHP



Imprinted: The Series
By
McKayla Schutt

Paranormal Romance/ Erotica
Author Bio
McKayla loves to write books about sexy werewolves. She is a stay at home mom of two in the state of Wyoming. Born in California, she misses the hot weather all of the time. Her goals for the year was to publish all three books in the Imprinted Series, which she has achieved. Her other goal is to work on two books for next year. Mom of two little ones can take time but she is pushing to finish her work to get more books out for her lovely fans.
Social Media Links:
My page:
https://www.facebook.com/McKaylaSchutt

Blurb
Imprinted: A bond between a werewolf and another person that can't be broken. If one tries to break the bond it is painful for both parties.
Kindra is about to imprint with a sexy werewolf named Judden. Kindra must find her place in the pack and help Judden deal with what is to come. The pack north wants a war but all Judden wants is peace with his brothers and his mate.
Will Kindra finally feel like she belongs? Will Judden step up when his pack needs him to? Find out in the Imprinted: The Series.


Excerpt
“Did you…” She didn’t know what to say. He leaned into her and placed his lips on hers. Her body woke up to his touch, making her lean into him, trying to let her body touch him more. He broke off, breathing heavily, his hot breath turning Kindra on even more. She could smell him, an earthy tone with a hint of soap. She felt her heat getting ready for him, a coil tightened around her that only he could release.
“I didn’t know that was going to happen. But I’m glad it did.” Judden’s face was inches away from Kindra’s.
“What do you mean? What was that you shocked me with?” Kindra was baffled.
“Well that’s hard to explain, but I’m glad I found you.”
“You’re scaring me a little.” Her body went rigid in his cage of human flesh. He smiled at her.
“Don’t be scared.” A wave of relaxation came with Judden’s words. She felt safer around him than she should. There was a calming warmth that wrapped around her, soothing her heart rate a little. The door swung open and everyone came out clapping. She felt like an ant under a microscope making her feel uncomfortable.
 “Why are they clapping?” Kindra bit her lower lip, she hated being on the outside of the joke.
Judden sighed. “I wish you guys were patient.” He turned to glare at them.
“Come on, explain what happened.” Brad’s voice sounded like he was enjoying this. Another sigh escaped Judden’s lips.
“Fine.” He turned his head back to Kindra. “Please don’t freak out but that was an imprint.”
Kindra racked her brain to remember why that word sounded familiar. She let her mind spin around, searching for the correlation with imprinting.  It clicked: Oh my gosh, werewolves imprinted on women. Her eyes widened at the conclusion of her life changing the moment she touched him. She had heard rumors of werewolves finding mates in humans, but in California it was a rare occurrence especially where she lived in the hot desert.
“You mean…” She paused, her voice shaking. She took a deep breath then tried again. “What you’re saying is…” Nope she couldn’t bring herself to say anything else. Every thought raced through her head from what her family was going to say to what she was going to do. Judden waited patiently for her to process, like he understood she needed a moment.


No comments: