Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Q & A with KD Rose!



1.  Tell us about your newest release.

Anger's Children consists of a set of three short stories, all meant to make your head reel. There's a bit of paranormal and a bit of risque in them all but each story is very individual.

2.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

That I wanted to keep going. I'd like to write a full on book for at least two of these characters. I set up their world so that to do so would be very easy—and I love their dynamic so it might happen.

3.  Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?

I seem to like to look at all the submission places  for which I have ideas that would be perfect and miss the deadlines. Constantly.

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

I have a large collection of books and have been an avid reader since I was a child so I would say the availability of books, especially in schools cannot be over emphasized. We had these monthly readers in grade school full of books that you could buy and I'd have to bargain with my parents on how many we could get because there were so many I wanted to read. When they came in I'd go home with an armload. Kudos to the marketing of that paper reader and those book write-ups.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author?

They think it's cool but don't really pay much attention. We all do our own thing. My husband likes it because it gives him time alone with the TV to watch cartoons LOL.

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

Spending time with my husband is number one. Reading, of course. If you're a writer and you read a bunch too, that's a lot of time!

7.  Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

Either a humorous book or a very literary work. Not sure yet.

8.  How can readers connect with you online?


 K.D. Rose is an author and poet with "Heavy Bags of Soul", "Inside Sorrow", "I AM" , "Erasing: Shadows", "Anger's Children", "A Taste For Mystery", and  her new release, "The Brevity of Twit" on sale at Amazon and other retailers. You can find K.D.'s books as hard copies and ebooks.   K.D. has an eclectic mind and loves language, physics, philosophy, photography, design, art, writing, symbolism, semiotics, spirituality, and Dr. Who. K.D.'s book, "Inside Sorrow" won the Readers Favorite 2013 international Silver Medal for Poetry.   With fellow authors around the globe, KD was also a founding member of the e-magazine, INNOVATE. Check out K.D.'s books for novel reading! ; )

No comments: