Thursday, December 11, 2014

Q&A with Dawn Brower!



1.  Tell us about your newest release.

My newest release is a continuation of my book A Flawed Jewel. It takes place fourteen years later and their twins are teenagers. Not always a fun time as parents. It is Christmas time and they have a family crisis they need to deal with.


2.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

I wasn't sure how they celebrated Christmas in Victorian times. I learned it was during this time they started to celebrate with a Christmas tree. Which made writing the story a bit easier.

3.  Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?

I can't say that I do. I've never thought about this lol. Maybe someone who knows me might know for sure.

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

My step sister talked me into writing my first book. I wouldn't have even tried if she hadn't told me to give it a try.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author?

My brothers think its okay. Both of my parents are no longer with us. I like to think if they were alive they'd be excited and proud. My father always wanted me to attempt writing. I'm not sure he ever considered romance novels, but he'd probably still be happy I'm doing it.

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

I love to read. It is my first love and I've been devoted ever since I learned to read. I used to drive my mother crazy. I'd bring a new book home and make her sit and listen to me read. I'd read classics, like Charles Dickens Great Expectations for fun. I read it before we had to in ninth grade and was bored while my class was reading it. If I'd known we were going to read it I'd probably still have read it. I'd often go to the library and just browse the books until one called out to me. I still remember flipping through the books and finding Great Expectations.

7.  Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

A Crystal Angel releases in December. After that A Treasured Lily is releasing in January. It is Lily's story. If I ever get around to revising A Sanguine Gem, sometime in 2015 readers will get Liam's story.

8.  How can readers connect with you online?

They can visit my webpage www.authordawnbrower.com or visit me on facebook www.facebook.com/dawnmariebrower, and twitter www.twitter.com/dawnab33

 Blurb:


A drunken promise of betrothal has turned Thor's family against him. Will Thor earn Pia's forgiveness and find their runaway children in time for Christmas?

After a night of cards and drinking, Thor's splitting headache is the least of his worries. When a messenger arrives with a contract for him to sign, his wife Pia discovers he's agreed to betroth their son to the Earl of Devon's daughter. Pia's beyond furious and demands he fix it—or else. After overhearing the argument between their parents, the twins Liam and Lily decide to runaway in protest of the contract. Thor and Pia set out to find their rebellious children before something dreadful happens to them. Will Thor convince Pia to forgive him and find the twins before Christmas, or will their family fall apart forever?



Excerpt:


"Don't see the point. Besides I think we need to discuss what I overheard."
"If it isn't about school, I don't care."
"You should, Liam. I told you it would impact your life."
"Well, what is it then?"
"Father agreed on a betrothal contract."
"Failing to understand how this might concern me." Liam waved his hand dismissively and turned back to his game. "Who is he going to marry you off to?"
"Not me you, fool. The Earl of Devon sent one over for him to sign. He's going to marry you off to his daughter, Lady Gemma Kemsley."
Liam's face turned stark white and he swayed in his chair. He swiveled to look at Lily as the shock settled in. His blue eyes glazed over as the astonishment of her words became clear. "Pardon me, what did you say?"
"You're betrothed, as in when you both come of age, you're getting married. Congratulations, brother of mine."



Bio:
 

Dawn Brower holds a Bachelor of Arts in psychology, a Master of Arts in Education, and is currently working on a Master of Arts in Liberal Arts with concentrations in Literature, History, and Sociology. She works as a substitute teacher and enjoys the flexibility it gives her to concentrate on her other endeavors.
Growing up, she was the only girl out of six children. She is a single mother of two teenage boys, and there is never a dull moment in her life. Reading books is her favorite hobby. There is nothing like a nice glass of wine and a good book to relax with at the end of the day.
There are always stories inside her head; she just never thought she could make them come to life. That creativity has finally found an outlet. If you want to contact Dawn you can visit her webpage at www.authordawnbrower.com, her facebook page at www.facebook.com/DawnMarieBrower, on her blog http://dawnbrower.wordpress.com or her twitter page at www.twitter.com/dawnab33.




No comments: