Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Promo Spotlight: The Laws of Seduction by Gwen Jones

Deleted Scene “A Weave of Bone and Flesh and Sentiment”
            Rex steepled his hands and smiled, the candleglow lighting his face serenely. He didn’t say anything, just let his gaze sink into me as if we communicated by some buried, transdermal cable. Perhaps he knew how I marveled in his drenched, dark eyes or the soft lines of his face, or how completely beside myself I felt right then as he looked at me, so happy. I lay my hand on the table, beckoning his to join mine.
            “This was wonderful,” I told him.
            He squeezed my fingers, regarding the weave of bone and flesh and sentiment, an odd mix of gratitude and longing flashing his face before he settled into more familiar territory.
            “I have wonderful taste,” he said smugly.
            I leaned over and kissed him, light and quick, and whispered, “And you taste wonderful, too.”
            He tossed his napkin to the table. “Let’s get out of here.”
            And just as we entered the outside, a breath before the valet turned, Rex stole me around the building and through an arbor, to a courtyard shaded by flowery trees and lit by the buttery glow from within. We slinked its perimeter until he shuttled me into a corner. There he clasped my hand and bent to me, his other hand lightly pressing the small of my back. Oddly enough, I smiled sheepishly.
            “Look at you,” he cooed. “You look just lLike a little girl with dimpled cheeks and rosy lips.”
            “My cheeks aren’t dimpled.”
            He slid his hand down the slope of my behind. “Location, location, location.”
            I grabbed his lapel. “Beast!”
            He kissed me, his lips warm, his tongue like velvet, the taste, the feel, the clean scent of him shivering me. I snaked my hand beneath his jacket and hugged him tightly, marveling how after three months without him, I found him even more knee-knockingly sexy than first time I saw him. He dragged his lips from me, resting his forehead against mine.
            “I couldn’t wait to do that,” he whispered.
            “And now that you have?”
            He smiled. “I want more. But not yet. I have someplace else to take you.”
            “Oh yeah?” I said as we strolled out of the garden and into the light of the entranceway. “Where?”
            He reached into his pocket and handed the ticket to the valet. “Dancing.”
            “Dancing? Really?” I was absolutely charmed, but more than a little confused. “You want to take me dancing?”
            Rex laughed. “My God, Charlotte – where’s your romance?”
            Hmm…my romance. Well, I’ll tell you, I don’t know where it had been, but when I looked into his eyes, I could tell you precisely where it was right then.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
About the Book
When Rex Renaud, the COO of Mercier Shipping, is arrested for a crime he didn't commit, he knows he'll need a miracle to clear his name … and sassy lawyer Charlotte Andreko is the perfect woman for the job. Charlotte has built her career defending pro bono clients against womanizers like Rex Renaud, and she'd much rather let him sweat it out in a jail cell than defend him in court. Yet Rex swears he's been set up, and when he offers her a shocking sum of money in exchange for her legal counsel, the financial security is too tempting to resist. The court dubs Rex a serious flight risk—how many people have their own jet?—and he's released on one condition: Charlotte's his new jailer, and he's stuck with her until his arraignment. But when a bomb threat sends Rex and Charlotte on the run, neither is prepared for the explosive chemistry and red-hot passion that flare between them as they hunt for the truth about his arrest. - 

About the Author
Gwen Jones is a mentor and instructor in Western Connecticut State University’s Master in Creative and Professional Writing program, and an Assistant Professor of English at Mercer County College, in West Windsor, NJ. Her work has appeared in Writer’s Digest, The Kelsey Review, and The Connecticut River Review, and she is the author of the HarperCollins Avon FRENCH KISS series, Wanted: Wife, Kiss Me, Captain, and The Laws of Seduction. A writer of women’s fiction and romance, she lives with her husband, Frank, near Trenton, New Jersey.

Visit my website – Gwen Jones Writes
Like me on Facebook - gwenjoneswrites
Follow me on Twitter – gwenjones25
Buy my books!  - See all titles

Buy Links
Amazon:
Googe:
iBooks:


No comments: