Monday, August 11, 2014

Q&A with Jen Bradlee!!!



1.  Tell us about your newest release.

A Cat Without a Grin is a short story inspired by the characters from Alice in Wonderland. Topper is an eccentric brothel owner tucked away in his gothic-style mansion. Chez used to help him acquire his "tea cups"...buying slave women from Sal the hookah smoking pimp. When he attends Toppers latest party, Chez discovers the latest prize is a treasure he's been searching for over the last five years.

 
2.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

I have two friends who write exclusively horror. They actually helped me come up with the idea for this story and cultivate the details into a coherent idea. As someone who is outside of the romance genre, they were able to see elements to tie into the story and make it unique. Both of them are in my writer's group.

3.  Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?

I always have to have music playing when I write. I have a huge playlist that I draw inspiration from. Music is the key to my writing mojo.

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

One of my most important assets as a writer is my writers group. The Sarcastic Muse is an amazing group of six authors who help each other.  Amanda Headlee, Robyn LaRue, Chris Musgrave, Michelle Mueller, and Kirsten Blacketer. All of them encourage me to improve myself and push my boundaries as a writer.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author?

They know nothing. *giggles* I write late at night when everyone is sleeping. While I know I'd have support, right now my writers group is the only family I have who knows about my late night scribbling.

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

I love belly dancing and photography. Those two things occupy my time when I'm not writing or editing. Oh, and I'm also a raging fangirl for villains. Loki help me. *wink*

7.  Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

Right now I'm working on a series of medieval novellas featuring my anti-hero, Prince Crispin.  He's wicked and sinful...I'm completely smitten with him. His whispers are enough to incinerate an igloo in the middle of an Alaskan January.

8.  How can readers connect with you online?

You can follow me on my blog: http://jenbradlee.wordpress.com, on Twitter: @jenbradlee, or on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JenBradleeAuthor

Stay wicked, my friends. <3 jen="" span="">

Blurb:

Working for a rival brothel, Chez never expects to find his most valued treasure in the hands of his former employer.
One never turns down an invitation to a party hosted by the infamous Topper. After working for the psychedelic brothel owner for years, Chez is unfazed by the man and his eccentric ways.
Topper's party features an auction of a new acquisition, a lovely teacup, as he calls the whores in his establishment. Chez's worst nightmare is realized when he sees the woman in the cage under the black light. He has no choice but to buy her for himself. Only one problem remains...Topper.


Excerpt:

As he approached the eclectic gothic style mansion, Chez glanced at the façade. The gables illuminated with black lights, casting the building into an eerie blue glow against the night sky. He squared his shoulders and entered the house.
"Chez, back so soon?" Topper leaned against the doorway to the ballroom where the stage stood, the music pounding behind him, lights flickering and glowing. He glimpsed the gilded cage over Topper's shoulder.
Chez nodded. "I've come to put my bid in."
"Did my little teacup intrigue you?" A smile broke across his face. "I knew she would."
"I want the whole night...alone." Chez kept his voice steady and stern.
Topper pressed a hand to his chest, over the plaid vest and starch white shirt where his heart should be. Chez was no fool. He knew about the two way mirrors and peepholes. The walls definitely had ears and eyes. "You wound me." Topper smirked. "How much blunt are you offering?"
Slipping his hand into his pocket, he pulled out the bag of coins and dropped it in Topper's outstretched hand. He hadn't even bothered to see how much was in there, but he trusted Madame Red, more than he trusted Topper.
Opening the bag, Topper pushed around the coins and let out a long low whistle. "She's all yours, Chez." He tucked the coin purse into the pocket inside his jacket. "Take my chambers for the night." He handed Chez a small skeleton key. "Don't break her." With a wink, Topper disappeared into the crowd mingling with his guests.
 Bio:

Jen Bradlee is a naughty girl, and she likes it that way. Jen is a raging fangirl for Loki and Khan. She loves villains and anti-heroes, so if you want to read about smoldering bad boys, then her stories are sure to bring you pleasure.
There's nothing better than a sexy bad boy to take your mind off the stress of reality. So sit back and enjoy her tales of wicked delight. You can find her at her blog, http://jenbradlee.wordpress.com, on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/JenBradleeAuthor, and on twitter: @jenbradlee. 




Happy 5th Birthday Breathless Press!!

In August, Breathless Press is turning 5!  To celebrate we are releasing a limited edition Hardcover collection of our special birthday Wonderland Tales and to make sure that you're able to indulge in a little birthday fun, we are also having a month long 50% off sale across our site (www.breathlesspress.com).

Finally, 3 lucky winners could win prizes in our birthday giveaway through Rafflecopter! 

5th Birthday Rafflecopter Giveaway

http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/05de02e13/

1st Prize: 1 x Limited Edition Hardcover copy of our birthda Wonderland Tales, a $20 Amazon GC and a $5 Breathless Press GC.
2nd Prize: Paperback print edition of our birthday Wonderland Tales, a $10 Amazon GC and a $5 Breathless Press GC
3rd Prize: A paperback print edition of our birthday Wonderland Tales, a $5 Amazon GC and a $3 Breathless Press GC




No comments: