Friday, August 08, 2014

Q &A with Ishabelle Torry!

1. Tell us about your newest release.

My newest release, King of Hearts, is a Flirt sized sweet romance inspired by Alice's Adventures in Wonderland-of course with a modern twist. Featuring a determined detective heroine and a confident hero, my story picks up years later after the dethroning of the Queen of Hearts.
BUY LINK


2. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

Probably the fact that Alice in Wonderland was really titled Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. *shrug* Who knew?



3. Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?


I don't know if interesting is the right word. But I often get up and pace in the middle of a writing session for no particular reason other than moving.


4. What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

As I've mentioned before a zillion times (with much glee), Virginia Henley and Madeline Baker really opened my eyes to romance as a whole. These delicious authors inspired me by creating such awesome fictional worlds and characters, I often forgot it was fiction I was reading. I guess you can say I developed the "Little Mermaid" syndrome, and wanted to become a part of their world in return.

5. What does your family think about your career as a published author?

They are enamored! Is it possible to have more than one biggest fan? Because I have several!


6. Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

Reading of course! Also, I'm a gamer…pew pew!


7. Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

Oh goodness. I have a whole slew of ideas. I'm currently entertaining a series…but that's all you get.


8. How can readers connect with you online?

Readers can find me online at: https://www.facebook.com/IshabelleTorry?focus_composer=true&ref_type=bookmark

Follow me on Twitter @ishabelletorry

Or check out my new blog page! http://authorishabelletorry.wordpress.com/

I'm always up for comments or questions.

Blurb:


Detective Alicia Burrow is following the only clue she has to finding the missing Kevin Carroll. Only one more stop…only one more portal?

Alicia Burrow's is a detective on the case of Kevin Carroll, a missing man for twenty years whose blood has been discovered in alarming amounts in an alley. She's not surprised the only lead she has turns out to be a dead end. Or is it?
The rambling of the victim's Dementia riddled aunt holds more truth than Alicia could ever imagine as she discovers a portal to the Land of Wonder…and the arms of the King of Hearts.

Excerpt:

His footsteps clacked on the marble tiles of the room. I tensed as he neared. A firm grip yanked my arm and whirled me around. Face to face, I glowered as did he in return. Yet, despite his attempt to appear irritated, a slight grin tugged at the corner of his mouth.
Using the tip of his forefinger, he traced the contour of my lips. "If I wanted to play with you, Alicia, it would be far different than this. And I definitely would not have given you clothing."
I jerked my arm loose, determined to ignore the weakness in my legs when his warm breath caressed my face. "The game is done, Kevin. I'm going home to report you alive and loony."
"No you won't," he challenged.
I harrumphed. "Watch me."

Bio:


Among many normal things, such a mother, student, farmer, and author, Ishabelle Torry is a woman tormented by the voices in her head. Don't worry though! It's merely the loud, and sometimes obnoxious, whispers of many characters begging for their stories to be told. In fact, Ishabelle has started a ticket line, and everyone (okay, most everyone) is happy as they bide their time.


Happy 5th Birthday Breathless Press!!

In August, Breathless Press is turning 5!  To celebrate we are releasing a limited edition Hardcover collection of our special birthday Wonderland Tales and to make sure that you're able to indulge in a little birthday fun, we are also having a month long 50% off sale across our site (www.breathlesspress.com).

Wonderland Tales HC Buy Link

Finally, 3 lucky winners could win prizes in our birthday giveaway through Rafflecopter! 

5th Birthday Rafflecopter Giveaway


1st Prize: 1 x Limited Edition Hardcover copy of our birthda Wonderland Tales, a $20 Amazon GC and a $5 Breathless Press GC.
2nd Prize: Paperback print edition of our birthday Wonderland Tales, a $10 Amazon GC and a $5 Breathless Press GC
3rd Prize: A paperback print edition of our birthday Wonderland Tales, a $5 Amazon GC and a $3 Breathless Press GC
 


No comments: