Thursday, July 10, 2014

Q & A with K.E. Shade!





1.     Tell us about your newest release.

I actually have two this month—Her Beauty Within and An Outlaw in Her Bed. The first one is fantasy combining to different societies living in a great tree they call Mother Oak.  When the two species are thrust together, love isn't the only thing they find. The latter is a second chance at love and a chance to rise above a sorted past that comes back to haunt the heroine.



2.     What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

How much I enjoyed writing a western. I've never attempted one before but wanted to try, since I'm a big fan of western films. I really got into the whole history of the wild, wild west.

3.     Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?

In order to concentrate, I've got to have music playing . I prefer to have headphones on because it puts me into this visible cocoon where the outside world doesn't exist. I also can't write with someone looking over my shoulder.

4.     What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

In the beginning, I had three friends—Al, Theresa, and Joe. While I shared some of my stories with other friends, they're the three amigos that made me become better at writing and submit. While we don't talk as much as I enjoyed back in the day, I still remember that they are the ones that gave me the courage to submit anything. I'll won't forget that easily.

5.     What does your family think about your career as a published author?

My mum and dad are so supportive. Any time I'm not writing, they tell me to hop to it. They inspire me to reach for the stars and they always have. I'm very lucky daughter.

6.     Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

Well, I play the flute in the church choir. I figured I spent all those years learning an instrument, I shouldn't waste it or the expensive flute. I also love drawing and painting. While I haven't had the time to do anything past digital art, I still try my hand in it when I need a break from writing.

7.     Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

I have several projects going but I'm going to concentrate on a fantasy piece I started many moons ago. While it's not a straight up romance, it does have romantic elements.

8.  How can readers connect with you online?

I'm on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/KastilEavenshade) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/KEavenshade). My combination blog and website, titles The Eclectic Zaftig Chick is http://kastil.wordpress.com/.

Thanks for having me.

Blurbs:

HER BEAUTY WITHIN 




In order for Adele to find her one true mate, she's got to learn to see beyond the veil of vain beauty.
  
Adele lives a privileged life. High in the great oak that is her kind’s home, the pixie does as she pleases including playing cruel pranks on the wingless sprites who dwell in the tree. When one of the Council of Eight decides Adele needs to be taught a lesson, the pixie is cast down into the world of the sprite. Without the finery that made her one of the privileged of the society, Adele must find the meaning of true beauty and what love entails, or be cast out forever.






AN OUTLAW IN HER BED 





When Ella realizes that her mysterious guest, Travis, has a deadly past, she has to come to terms that it may just be the cause of her husband's untimely death.

Ella Gilby lost her husband to the perils of living in the wilderness of the new frontier. When her son finds a wounded man in the barn, she does what any Christian woman would do for a needy soul. She takes him in until he's able to move on, but never expects the attraction to blossom between them.

Bio:

K. E. Shade is multi-published author Kastil Eavenshade in disguise pandering her romantic shenanigans. When not catering to the whims of three rescued kitties, she's dreaming up her next heart-beating tale. No period in history—past, present, or future—is safe from the clutches of her muse. Her passions beyond writing are drawing, cooking, and watching Pittsburgh Penguins hockey. She credits her parents for her free spirit as they've always supported her in every aspect of her life. Without them, she wouldn't be here.


No comments: