Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Q & A with Dianne Hartsock!

1. Tell us about your newest release.

I have a small confession to make. I adore a man in silk and lace. So when Breathless Press put out the call for a 'Flirt', I simply had to write a story where my main character's love interest is a man with drop dead gorgeous legs who wears mesh stockings and silky panties, miniskirts and not much else. Of course, every guy wants him and Ashton has to risk everything to win his love.


2. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

I learned a couple of surprising things while researching this story. The first one is that there are actually bastards who will pay a school boy to spend fifteen minutes in their car.

Second, and far less disturbing, is that there are several online stores that sell men's lingerie and have the most delicious models. I had so much fun browsing for Lance's costumes.

3. Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?

You know, I would love to have some intriguing rituals, but honestly I just don't have the time. I have a full time job and a husband who likes seeing me on occasion. You can usually find me crouched over the keyboard when I have more than two free minutes to rub together. A hot cup of coffee at my elbow is usually a must, but I've been known to write without one when necessary.

4. What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

I started reading Ray Bradbury in fifth grade, and oh my! His stories ignited my imagination. Then in seventh grade I had a creative writing teacher that seemed to love my writing, so supportive! She encouraged me to enter our town's annual writing contest, which I won! And I've been writing ever since.

5. What does your family think about your career as a published author?

I write m/m erotic romances under my real name and I think I surprised everyone when my first story was published. For the most part, everyone's been very supportive, or we simply talk about other things. My husband is my number one fan, so it's all good!

6. Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

First and foremost I'm a writer and nothing gives me more joy than to sit at a keyboard and let a story flow out of me. Next is spending time with my family and friends, whether we're out to dinner or spending hours talking on the patio. I also like puttering around in my flower garden on a warm summer's day. The beach is another place I enjoy. If I could sit at the beach and write, all the better!

7. Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

I'm the master at juggling several things at once. First, I've just finished up with edits on a 'flirt' for Breathless Press, a short 7500 word m/m romance. Second, I'm working on edits for SAMMY, my story for the Project Fierce, Chicago anthology to come out later this year. All proceeds from the sale of this book will go towards helping homeless LGBTQ youth. Third, I've finished first round edits on THE SHED, my sequel to my psychological thriller novel ALEX, and am gearing up for the next round. And lastly, I'm busy writing my Christmas story, yay! I've been waiting to write this one for about a year and am happy to say I've hit 20k, which is about a third of the way through.

8. How can readers connect with you online?


Blog: http://diannehartsock.wordpress.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/diannehartsock
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/diannehartsock
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4707011-dianne-hartsock
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Dianne-Hartsock/e/B005106SYQ/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1361897239&sr=8-1




 Blurb:


Can Ashton let go of his jealousy and be the friend and lover that Lance needs? Excerpt:

 Ashton has been in love with his best friend for years, watching him grow from a pretty high school boy to the gorgeous erotic dancer at the club where they both work. The problem is that Lance enjoys the attention of a variety of men while Ashton wants him for his very own.
After a day spent denying his attraction for Lance, standing by while their friend Trey openly flirts with him, Ashton decides it's time to make his move or risk losing his man forever. Once Lance knows how he feels, he'll realize they should be together. Or is it already too late?
 Excerpt:

"Fuck!" Ashton shouted, a mixture of anger and ecstasy as Lance swallowed again, then let his softening cock slip from between his perfect lips. Ashton leaned on his elbows, his chest heaving while he caught his breath. With a last kiss on his thigh, Lance climbed off the bed, sleek limbed and graceful, and walked to the dresser with a sassy sway of his hips.
Ashton stared after him and moaned, not sure if he wanted to pull his friend's ass back into his arms or punch him in the face. It would be incredible to wake up with Lance every morning and make love to him. But he sternly reminded himself that they were only friends and Lance needed to stop climbing into his bed at night uninvited.
"You do remember you have a bed of your own?" he asked more sharply than he'd intended.
Lance gave him a smirk over his shoulder, making a show of licking the last of Ashton's spunk off his swollen lips. "You told me to wake you at seven."
"I didn't mean... Oh hell." Ashton fell back on the pillows and threw an arm over his eyes. He swore in exasperation when the mattress dipped and Lance's familiar scent surrounded him. "Dammit—"
Soft fingers touched his mouth. "Don't be mad, baby. I didn't mean anything."




Bio:


Dianne is the author of m/m erotic romance, both contemporary and fantasy, the psychological thriller, and anything else that comes to mind. Oh, and a floral designer. If she can’t be writing, at least she has the chance to create with the beauty of flowers and bring a smile to someone’s face. Currently, Dianne lives in the Willamette Valley of Oregon with her husband, and both her children have chosen to attend colleges close to home, for which she is forever thankful.
Dianne is a multi-published author with Breathless Press, being the proud owner of her Shelton in Love series, Wee Willie Winkie—a Naughty Nursery Rhyme—and having stories in various anthologies, her most recent ones being Callum's Fate in the Down on the Farm anthology and The Dark Bokor, part of the Walking Dead books and Three Little Men in the My Bloody Valentine anthology.

1 comment:

diannehartsock said...

Thanks so much for having me as your guest today!