Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Q & A with Lisa Adams!





1.            Tell us about your newest release.

Thanks for having me here today. I'm incredibly excited about my newest release "Saving Holiday", namely because it's my first romantic suspense but also because it has a hint of my hometown, and my hobbies in it.

The heroine of my story, Ms. Holiday Thomas, has opened a new quilt shop in town and is trying to make her business thrive during the holiday season. The hero of the story, Officer Jackson Duggan, wanders in to fins a present for his mother and ends up finding someone, I mean something, just for him. It sounds like fate has brought them together. But, there is danger ahead. 



2.            What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

That I could write more than 18K words in a story! For some reason, all the pieces of this story came to me rather quickly and I just had to keep up. My second biggest thing I learned? (And something I should have realized earlier….) The longer your manuscript is, the longer the editing process. 

3.            Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?

My writing routine isn’t a routine at all…lol. I write when the mood strikes, when the characters walk into my dreams, or when an idea literally hits me on the head. (Yes, I was in a fabric store and a bolt of fabric hit me on the head.) Other than that, it's a night time thing. I can edit during the day, but I can't seem to be really creative until night. I blame that on my five children.

4.            What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

I did a lot of reading growing up, but I never entertained the idea of writing until about eight years ago. I read Stephen king, John Saul, and Dean Koontz. Honestly, I never read a romance novel. Then about three years ago, I decided I was going to write one. I spent a summer chatting with some amazing people and writing a book. There, I met a very talented author, Lorraine Nelson. She has been a wonderful mentor, inspiration, and friend through it all. 
 
5.            What does your family think about your career as a published author?

My spouse is a wonderful man and I believe was taught the philosophy that "If momma ain't happy, then nobody is." lol. He's supported me in everything I've ever done and writing is no different. My children love to tell their friends that I'm a writer, but they're not allowed to say more. I write under a pen name and I'd like to keep my anonymity with my past students. My mother is thrilled and spreads the word religiously about book releases and the like, and my 84 year old grandmother is my biggest fan.

6.            Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

I enjoy creativity on all levels. I quilt, scrapbook, make homemade cards, bake, play the piano, and just for fun… I GeoCache.

7.            Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

I have had a great year and have two more works that will be out shortly after the beginning of next year, both are in anthologies, and will be released by Breathless Press. My next full work with be the third installment of my Ancient Rome historical series "Caledonia's Captives" that will be submitted soon and hopefully picked up. 

8.            How can readers connect with you online?

I am on FaceBook about a hundred times a day. https://www.facebook.com/lisaadams.writer
You can also connect with me on Twitter @LisaAdamsWriter


Again, Thanks for having me here today and I hope to hear from some of your readers very soon! I love talking about writing process and answering questions for others.

No comments: