Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Q & A with Kelly Ryan!!!



1.  Tell us about your newest release.

Not So Silent Night starts off with Anna, a lonely woman not happy with her life's direction, who is dreading the holidays. Then the other worldly Russian stud, Alexander, walks into her life. They are immediately drawn to each other, let's just day that there is some magic in the air. Of course, things don't run as smoothly as they would like. Soon they find themselves battling the good ole boys of the town who are hell bent on ruining any happiness that Anna and Alexander might find. Secrets are revealed and soon they are in a fight that neither anticipated. If they are going to end up together, it is not going to be with out strife.

2.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

That it would be almost impossible for an entire pack of wolves to take down one large bear. That's pretty impressive on the bear front! I love researching things like that!

3.  Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?

Oh, that is a loaded question! I'm sure I have many quirks that I don't even know about, but I'll contain it all to writing here. I rarely write at a desk. I write mostly on my laptop in bed, later at night. That's just when my creative juices get flowing! I guess some people would find that quirky!

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?


I have some very supportive best friends who always encouraged me to pursue my writing dreams. I would say that it is their support that has gotten me to this point. Now that I am a published author and am developing relationships with other people in the industry, I must say that the biggest influence is my editor at Breathless Press, Leona Bushman. She is not only the person who helps me get my stories ready for public consumption, but is a writer herself and just an inspiration as a person.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author?

I think that they find it pretty cool, they are extremely supportive. Though my brother keeps asking when I am getting a vacation home, I'm not quite to that level yet.

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have?
I love to paint, I am not that good but it is my relaxation. I also write and draw my own comic books for fun. I'm a foodie as well, I am always trying out new recipes! And I am an avid exerciser, it helps keep my creative juices flowing.

7.  Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

I have a short story in the Bloody Valentine Anthology at Breathless Press. I am waiting to hear back on a couple submissions and have two stories about ready for submission. I am always busy writing something!

8.  How can readers connect with you online?

Twitter: Sher_V

1 comment:

Brantwijn Serrah said...

Thank you for the interview! Sounds like a great book. I know what Kelly means about research... too many times I've found reality doesn't mesh with what I want to write and then I have to find a way around it!