Sunday, December 22, 2013

Q & A with Jacki Delecki!!!



1. Tell us about your newest release.

1.       My newest release is the Romantic Mystery- An Inner Fire.  My heroine, Grayce Walters, an animal acupuncturist, hides her intuitive gifts from the world until she becomes embroiled in arson on Seattle’s waterfront. As a key crime witness, Grayce must convince the attractive, logical, by-the-numbers fire investigator, Ewan Davis, that the fire she witnessed is part of a larger criminal conspiracy. She embarks upon a mission to gather proof of the dangerous threat. She enlists the help of her cross-dressing best friend, her street-wise assistant, and Davis’ poodle, to conduct her own investigation. As her feelings for Davis shift between white hot passion and cold fear, Grayce must risk exposing her secrets to save Davis’ life. Davis must accept things, he can neither see, nor understand to solve the mystery and finally find the love he has stopped believing in. With nudges from the protective poodle, Grayce and Davis confront shocking betrayal and international crime on the rain soaked streets of Seattle.


2.  Can you tell us a little about your favorite scene in the story?

1.       Great question-my favorite scene in the story—hard to pick one scene. I would like to answer with my favorite scene for each character.  My favorite “Grayce scene” as an animal acupuncturist is right at the beginning of the book and Grayce is treating a dying cat. I think it gives the reader great insight into Grayce’s skill and heart as a healer.



3.  When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

1           I wanted to be a writer since I read my first Nancy Drew.


4. What is a typical writing day like?

1         The only typical thing of my writing day is that I’m at my computer every day. Some days are more productive than others. My best days are when I start early in the morning with no interruptions-but who has a life like that?


5. Do you have an interesting writing quirk or habit?

           When I’m immersed in my story, I need loads of alone time in the out of doors. I need the silence of nature to process and let my imagination go wild.



6. What was one of the most surprising things you learned as a published author?
  
           How happy it makes me to have people love my characters and talk to me as if they are real people.


7. What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

1.         I’ve always been a major reader and liked ever genre.  I didn’t grow up reading Romance but I read a lot of mystery/thrillers and science fiction. My first romance book, eight years ago was a Jane Feather and I was hooked. I love an adventure in an amazing setting and the struggles of a strong heroine and hero to make their happy after ending. 



8. What does your family think about your career as a published author?

1.         My husband and children are very proud of my accomplishments. I think the biggest shock of this release was to have my older brother love my book. He is definitely not a romance reader. I’ve had many men like this release which still surprises me but I’m happy to have men reading romance.


9. Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

1.         I’ve been in the Arts all my life and continue to take dance and perform a few roles with Seattle Ballet and Opera Companies. I give tours at Pike Street Market to second and third grade children. But after my family, writing takes most of my time.


10. Can you tell us about what’s coming up next for you writing wise?

1.         My historical romance, A Code of Love, set in 1802 in London and Paris will be released on Valentine’s Day. Henrietta Harcourt, my heroine, is a secret code breaker for England. She gets into loads of trouble with new the Director of Intelligence, who just happens to be gorgeous, sexy and controlling.  My second in the Grayce Walters series- Women Under Fire will be released in July, 2014.


11. How can readers connect with you online?

1.       Best way to find my online is on my website: http://www.jackidelecki.com. I’m on FB: Jacki Delecki Author,  or on Twitter:@jackidelecki



No comments: