Sunday, December 15, 2013

Q & A with Ivy Bateman!!!



1.  Tell us about your newest release.

My newest release, which comes out from Breathless Press on Friday, December, 20th, is a warm and funny Christmas story called Christmas Eve Surprise. Stella and Tim are a happily married couple going through a bit of a dry spell. In order to spice things up a bit, they each search for a very special Christmas gift that they feel will make everything between them right again.

2.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

My first release, Between the Lines, is fairly sexually graphic, but this time around I wanted to go for less is more. What I learned is that for me it is harder to write a love scene that simply sketches out the love making instead of writing a scene where I paint the full picture.

3.  Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?

Let's see. Well, I have to let myself wander when I'm writing. For instance, even while doing this interview, I've left it to check my email a couple times. If I restrict myself, than I get moody. I also have to be the right temperature to write. If I'm too hot, I get tired, and if I'm too cold, I get tense and sore. So, right now it's quite chilly out and I've got 3 layers on, fingerless gloves, a puffy vest and a cup of coffee. I'm the perfect temperature for comfortable writing.

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

I love Neil Gaiman and Sharon Shinn. Their writing is so pure and even the most bizarre of story lines, especially in the case of Neil Gaiman, are rooted in reality. I love that and I find myself trying to write, even the strangest of tales, as though they could actually happen. As for friends, if I hadn't met JB, I wouldn't even be a writer. I can't be thankful enough that she came into my life.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author?

They are very proud of me. My Mum has read one of my books (I won't let her read the others. Too graphic sexually and I'd be so embarrassed!) and she loved it. Also, I have a very supportive husband. He has been with me every step of the way and reads everything I ask him too. If he wasn't supportive I don't think I'd still be writing.

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

I love music. I play guitar when I can and write silly songs mostly for my own amusement. I also love making novelty cakes, being crafty and acting. Next to writing, acting is my biggest passion.

7.  Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

If I could, I would, but at this point I don't know. Currently, a lot of promo for Christmas Eve Surprise and then I'll be taking a bit of a break.

8.  How can readers connect with you online?

Sure here are links to all things Ivy!

Ivy Bateman's Links:
Ivy's books are available from the Breathless Press Website:
Or follow Ivy on Twitter:
Or on Facebook:
Or drop Ivy a line at:

Thanks very much for having me on today! The very best of the season to you all,

Ivy Bateman

 

Blurb for Christmas Eve Surprise

It's Christmas time and Tim and Stella are on the hunt for the perfect Christmas gifts for each other. Since last Christmas, their hot love life has cooled substantially. Tim feels he's to blame and Stella thinks it's her fault, but this Christmas both of them have put a lot of thought into how to make the other happy and put the fire back in the bedroom. However, with such unorthodox gifts ready to be revealed, will their Christmas Eve present opening be a pleasant surprise or an unwelcome one? 

Author Bio:

When she was just nine, this girl began her journey for a life on the stage. Attempts were made, classes were taken, lessons were well learned but, at the end of the day, a decision to live life off the stage was made. But all was not lost. While at college she met the love of her life and his support and strength has helped her to see that she has talent waiting around many corners.

When the stage beckons, she answers its call, and her new passion for writing has enhanced many of her theatre dreams and as well as the occasional book, she now occasionally writes a play.

The love of her life generously reads everything she writes and although he may not always be her muse, he is always her biggest fan.

Christmas Eve Surprise is Ivy's fourth book with Breathless Press. Her first release with
Breathless Press, Between the Lines, was released in January, 2012. This was followed by The Fifth Story in September, 2012 and Baby, You're Cold Inside in December, 2012.



 



 

1 comment:

Laurie G said...

Sounds like a book I'd enjoy reading!