Monday, December 16, 2013

Guest Blog: Hope by Emma Leigh Reed




I love the Christmas season.  Always have. But it’s more than the decorations, the gifts…for me it is about the hope it brings each year. My kids and I have seen some pretty bleak Christmases, but through the years there is one thing that my kids constantly remind me of and that is no matter how little there is around the tree, it is the family and the hope for the New Year that makes the season.

Christmas brings hope in so many forms. As I sit here writing this blog I realize that my newest release, Trusting Love, was written with hope in mind. The hope to start fresh, the hope that somewhere deep inside someone that needs to will find the strength to pull them up and get out of a situation that is dangerous to them. Hope is such a small word to mean so much.

I spent one Christmas with my children with a restraining order against my ex-husband. I remember being fearful that he would try something, try to get to the kids, yet somehow that Christmas morning those fears were placed aside as my young kids had smiles on their faces and were truly happy.  There was hope for my kids and myself that we would make it through.  That Christmas morning was 13 years ago. Today my oldest daughter is engaged to be married, my middle one has started her first year of college and my youngest is a junior in high school.  All three of them are well adjusted and have hearts for people less fortunate than themselves.  There couldn’t be a better story of hope succeeding than when I look at my kids and how they have made it through tough times and how much family means to them.

Christmas is the season of hope for me and it is a fitting time for Trusting Love to be released. My wish with this story is that it may bring hope to someone in need. Things do get better and you find the strength within you that you need to move forward.

About TRUSTING LOVE:

CHLOE WILDER is newly pregnant and running from her abusive boyfriend.  She needs a home more than ever before.  Chloe takes refuge in Arden, Maine - a sleepy, coastal town where she finally thinks she can be safe.

JAYDEN PETERSON abandoned his career as a city cop after accidentally shooting a child. Jayden quickly agrees to fill his father’s shoes as Arden’s police chief. Determined to protect his loved ones and unsure if he can ever pull his gun again, Jayden is relieved to stay where the worst crime that will ever happen is jaywalking - or so he thinks.

Buy on Amazon:  http://tinyurl.com/ls3lgqy

Author Bio:


Emma Leigh Reed has lived in New Hampshire all her life. She has fond memories of the Maine coastline and incorporates the ocean into all her books. She lives in a small town with her three children, although now it is mostly her and her Springer Spaniel to keep her company as empty-nesting has started. Her life has been touched and changed by her son's autism - she views life through a very different lens than before he was born.  Growing up as an avid reader, it was only natural for Emma Leigh to turn to creating the stories for others to enjoy.
GIVEAWAY:  Choice of print copy of TRUSTING LOVE, or ebook
Find her on:


5 comments:

Pat L. said...

What a lovely story of hope. I would really enjoy reading this book. Thanks for the chance.

Emma Leigh Reed said...

Thanks for stopping by, Pat. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Would love to win a print copy.
Merry Christmas.
gmapeony@yahoo.com

HiDee said...

Beautiful post, and well said. I'm glad you have hope! Congratulations, and best wishes in the New Year!

Emma Leigh Reed said...

Thank you, HiDee for stopping by. Happy Holidays. It definitely is a time for hope for everyone.