Some readers may (or may not) know about one of my favorite characters: Maya Josephs-O’Connell from the Ridgeville series.
(As an aside, I know I’m totally supposed to be here talking about my newest release, but Maya couldn’t be quieted.)
You see, Maya is snarky and funny and outspoken and a bad ass to the core. In He Ain’t Lion, she handled being changed into a werelion with minimal bloodshed and in You’re Lion, she discovered she was pregnant and only kicked on woman’s ass. (Hey, the chick was hitting on her man.)
From there, Maya appears in the other Ridgeville books, dispensing advice, giving life tips, and generally poking her nose into other people’s business. The thing is, there are never enough chapters in a book for Maya to get her words of wisdom out into the world. To help her out, I’ve listed a few below that never made it into the books.
1. It’s your life. Live, laugh, and love the way you want. Just not here. This is my house and that’s my ice cream. Give it up bitch before we have a throw down.
2. You are never to consider yourself lazy. You’re just working in energy saving mode. Like computers. Only instead of clicking the mouse, our button is between our legs and… Ahem.
3. Life is not, and has never been, like a box of chocolates. Chocolate makers give you a freakin’ card with the chocolate box layout on it! Life is like a carton of ice cream. 4. It’s wonderful and awesome and flavorful and then you realize you’ve hit the bottom and have to buy more… and you can’t find your car keys.
5. When life gives you lemons, make a lemon drop martini. It’ll make you feel better since life stiffed you and only gave you crappy lemons.
6. You are not fat. You are fluffy, like a cloud. And those dickheads who called you fat are very, very tiny… probably everywhere.
Those quotes sort of encompass all that Maya is and aspires to be. She’s a lover, a fighter, and a biter. Above all, she’s the best bestie a gal could ever have. And she tells her friends that. Often. Just… stay out of her freezer and away from her man and you’ll be fine. I hope.
As a final note: for those chicks who have a little more cushion for the only-if-he’s-awesome pushin’, always remember number five.
Thirty and single? Well, getcha ass to the Gathering!
Whitney Wickham is at the darned annual werewolf Gathering all right. Only there’s one problem: she doesn’t belong there. Her sisters carry the Mark indicating they’ll mate an Alpha Pair of wolves, while Whitney does not have that lovely, swirling scar. She’s been hauled half way around the world to be stared at, and not-so-covertly sniffed, for no reason. Unfortunately the gorgeous, drool worthy, magic-mojo-wielding Wardens don’t know why she’s been summoned to the Gathering any more than she does. Which sucks. But at least they’re hot.
Emmett Greene and Levy Walters are Wardens—keepers of the law and embodiment of the magic of the werewolves. They can never mate, never marry, and never form a lasting romantic relationship. It’s a hard and fast law that keeps their powers pure of outside influence.
Rules are going to be broken.
One look at Whitney, one hint of her scent, and they realize their immovable laws might have to jiggle. She’s got luscious curves, a wicked smile, and a mouth that would make a thousand men weep. No matter the rules, their inner wolves will claim her. The only things standing in their way are the Elder Wardens who will do anything… anything… to keep Emmett and Levy from discovering the truth: the laws are wrong. And being with Whitney Wickham is so very, very right.
Amazon – http://celia.so/amwzon
All Romance – http://celia.so/amware
Bookstrand – http://celia.so/amwbs
Kobo – http://celia.so/amwkobo
iBooks – http://celia.so/amwib
Ex-dance teacher, former accountant and erstwhile collectible doll salesperson, Celia Kyle now writes paranormal romances for readers who:
1) Like super hunky heroes (they generally get furry)
2) Dig beautiful women (who have a few more curves than the average lady)
3) Love laughing in (and out of) bed.
It goes without saying that there's always a happily-ever-after for her characters, even if there are a few road bumps along the way.
Today she lives in central Florida and writes full-time with the support of her loving husband and two finicky cats.
You can find Celia online at: http://celiakyle.com | http://facebook.com/authorceliakyle | http://twitter.com/celiakyle
If you'd like to be notified of new releases, special sales, and get FREE ebooks, subscribe here: http://celiakyle.com/news
Giveaway: 1 Grand Prize $50 gift card to either All Romance or Amazon 4 Runner Up $5 gift card to either All Romance or Amazon a Rafflecopter giveaway