Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Q & A with Diane Thorne!



1.  Tell us about your newest release.

My latest release is called A Gift to Remember. It's about an assistant named Carol who is good friends with her boss and his wife. His big 40th birthday is coming and his wife has the perfect gift idea. She wants to make her husband's fantasy into reality. Carol is interested in the gift idea but has hesitations, especially since she works for her boss and is good friends with him and his wife. It's an interesting delima and Carol has to work through it. Well, they all do in a way. Can Carol be friends and lovers with her boss and his wife? You'll have to read the story to find out.

2.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

I learned it was fun. I’d never written a ménage with m/f/f before and I wasn’t sure how comfortable I would be or how believable the situations would be in the story. As always, I’m up for a challenge. I put myself in my character’s shoes and try to imagine what she would think, how she would respond, what she would do. Turned out I had fun and writing the scenes weren’t that difficult.

3.  Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals?

I am a waterholic and I chew a lot of gum.

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

One of the first people I met at a convention was Sophie Oak. Her first book had been released while we were at the convention years ago. She’s been a good supportive friend. And she writes great stories too! I’ve met other authors as well and they’re all supportive and willing to offer advice.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author?

I have a small family. My daughter does not hold a favorable opinion. I believe my mother was a bit shocked after she read two of my stories. Neither say much or ask about my writing.

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

I love traveling and going out with my daughter or friends. Reading is always good too.

7.  Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

Another Gift to Remember should be coming out in 2014. It's the sequel. I have another series that has several releases over the next few months as well. I’m not sure what I’ll start writing next. I’m leaning toward taking a break.

8.  How can readers connect with you online?



No comments: