Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Q & A with Benjamin Kelly!






1.  Tell us about your newest release. Snowbound Hearts is a tale of painful endings and new beginnings. The underlying theme of the story is that sometimes when we least expect it, we find what we need the most.


2.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

3.  Do you have any interesting or quirks or rituals? Rituals like sticking pins into Voodoo dolls of publishers and literary agents who've rejected me, to get me into the mood to write? Practicing Transcendental Meditation? Burning incense and chanting mantras? Umno, I don't do any of that.

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer? When I was a kid, I really enjoyed The Three Investigators: Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Series by Robert Arthur, Jr. These books might have put a subconscious bug in my head to be a writer.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author? My dad, an avid reader for as long as I can remember, thinks it's great.

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have? I do a little woodworking when I have the time. You can see some of my favorite projects on my website.

7.  Can you tell us what is coming up next for you? That's still up in the air. I have several projects in the works but all of them have issues to iron out. So, for the moment I'll just say keep an eye on my Facebook page. I'll make an announcement whenever I have something definite.

8.  How can readers connect with you online?

Website: http://www.benjaminkelly.net
Twitter: @BenjaminKellyGA
Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benjamin-Kelly-Author/499214130105811


Blurb:

 
When two strangers find themselves stranded in a mountain cabin, even the blizzard howling outside can't cool their heat.

The unexpected end of a relationship sends Stephen searching for peace of mind in the tranquility of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Just when it looks like he'll be spending his time snowed in with a deck of cards as his only companion, the woman of his dreams shows up on his doorstep.

Audrey is having the worst time of her life. After a phone call that shatters her world, she finds herself stuck in the snow on an impassible mountain road. With little choice but to abandon her car, she seeks shelter in a nearby hunting cabin and meets a man that she had never expected to exist.

The romance that ensues gives Stephen and Audrey a taste of what's been missing from life, but Audrey has a prior commitment. As long as the storm rages they can be together, but snow can't fall forever.



2 comments:

Maureen said...

Maya sounds like quite a character.

Benjamin Kelly said...

I just stopped by to say thanks to Romance Reviews Today for hosting me!