Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Guest Blogger: Christmas Shopping by Katherine Garbera

I love Christmas shopping! I start shopping in November and I usually have a good idea of what I’m going to get everyone on my list. I tend to pick things up when I see them and if it’s something trendy that goes on sale then I go back and get the discounted price. I’m really organized with a list and receipt envelope. Because we live a distance from some family members I will either shop really early so I can send it to them and make sure it gets there or shop at their favorite local retailers and have the packages gift wrapped.

I don’t do a lot of gift bags unless it’s for an item that is just too hard to wrap. My kids and family are the easiest to shop for. My dad is kind of difficult because he always says you don’t have to get me anything. :) 

How about you? Do you find joy in shopping for Christmas gifts for loved ones? Do you have a system or is it a last minute rush to get it all done? J Leave a comment for chance to win fun goodies and a Starbucks drink card!


A Cowboy For Christmas

Annie Prudhomme never expected to be back in Marietta, MT and her family is fond of reminding her that she left them and the town behind in search of better things. A humiliating divorce that cost her everything she’d gained has driven her back home and her family isn’t about to welcome her back into the fold. She’s in town to rebuild the old home that she inherited and to move on once again.

Carson Scott never forgot Annie or the way she left. Now that she’s back in town he’s realizing that the old flame still burns hot but he can’t risk his heart the way he did last time now that he has his son to think about it. Being trapped together during a December snowstorm gives them a chance to rekindle their romance but is Annie back for good or is she just looking for a cowboy for Christmas?


Post a comment for a chance to win!

8 comments:

Laurie G said...

Beautiful Montana setting, hunky cowboys and Christmas... what's not to like? Wonderful author too. I'm looking forward to reading the whole MONTANA BORN series.

LSUReader said...

Now that I have four grandkids, I find I really do enjoy shopping for them. I'm home now and my days are less rushed than when I had a full-time job, so that helps, too. Thanks for the giveaway.

Kathleen O said...

I used to love to shop for Christmas presents, but now because of health reason, it is more of a chore than fun. I don't have than many to buy for anymore, it is mostly Gift Cards and little items to go with them. I go once a year to a little town near my home that has lots of unique little shops that I find excellent gift for the goodie bags I make up for each of my nieces and nephews.. So I usually get it done in one day now..

Laney4 said...

I too have a list and buy (often sale items) throughout the year, both for Christmas and birthday presents, setting aside in the same place so I don't forget where they are, LOL. (If they are too big to fit there, I put a note in to remind me where they are hidden.) Inevitably I get to Nov/Dec and finish up, especially with candy stocking stuffers. I leave the wrapping till Dec 23/24, as our house is small and I don't want the presents showing under/around our tree from the front window passers-by.

CrystalGB said...

Sounds great. I love the cover.
I enjoy Christmas shopping unless the person is hard to shop for. I don't have a system.

Pat L. said...

I find it more stressful every year to find gifts. It is not that the gifts are hard, it is the store is not accomodating me. LOL. I guess with age brings less patience.

Anonymous said...

i do have them make a list and look online too
congtras on the book
Kimh

bn100 said...

Sometimes; don't have a system