Sunday, October 20, 2013

Q &A with Christie Kelley!




ENTICING THE EARL -- Buy from Amazon



Tell us about your newest release. 

With his estate near bankruptcy, Simon Blakesworth, Earl of Hartsfield already has a perilous secret to keep. Still, when he finds Mia Featherstone badly beaten, he doesn't hesitate to shelter her in his home and offer marriage to protect the lovely healer from her attacker. But Mia is concealing a danger this honorable earl never imagined--and can't resist.

Mia's valuable discovery on Simon's land saved her patients' lives. Now the only way she can help the man she's always loved save his home is to secretly find the rest of a cache of hidden artifacts. But their passion is making it impossible for Mia to ever walk away--even from a love that may not survive the truth.
Can you tell us a little about your favorite scene in the story?

My favorite scene is when Simon proposes to Mia. He’s been in love with her for years and instead of telling her that, he just flubs the proposal and tells her he can protect her.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I wanted to write for years but working full time with two young kids wasn’t the most conducive to creative endeavors. When we moved to Maryland for my husband’s job, I started working part-time from home. Suddenly I had a lot more time to be creative. I decided to stop thinking about it and actually attempt to write a story.

What is a typical writing day like?

I work from 8-5 Monday-Friday now so my writing day usually doesn’t start until 7pm. That’s a tough time for me because I’m on a computer all day and I’m not a night person. Many times, I’ll try to get all my weekend chores done during the evenings so I can have Saturday and Sunday to write all day long.

Do you have an interesting writing quirk or habit?

I need to be able to see outside or write outside. There’s something about the sounds and sights of nature that inspire me. During the late spring through fall, I usually write on my screened porch. My office only has one small window that is hard to see out of so I tend to write at the kitchen table so I can see outside.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned as a published author?

How hard it is to write on a deadline when you also have to promote yourself and work on revisions/copyedits, etc for the last book you turned it. Oh, and work full time.

What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

My critique group has been so supportive. When we first started, we were all unpublished and now we all are published. Of that group, Kathy Love is the one who told me not to give up on what became Every Night I’m Yours, my debut novel. She was certain it would be published and I’m so glad I listened to her.

What does your family think about your career as a published author?

My boys grew up with me writing so they don’t think it’s anything different. I hope they see that you can have a goal and obtain it. 

Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

Kayaking and working in the garden. Again, being out in nature. There just never seems to be enough time for those hobbies.

Can you tell us about what’s coming up next for you writing wise?

The third book in the series, Vexing the Viscount, comes out in July 2014, so I’m working on revisions for that story. My editor said he would love to see some stories on the secondary characters from Enticing the Earl so I’m doing a little plotting on that idea.

How can readers connect with you online?

          My website is www.christiekelley.com.

I’m also on facebook at www.facebook.com/ChristieKelleyAuthor

And on Twitter at twitter.com/christiekelley

 ********


Author Bio:





Award winning author, Christie Kelley was born and raised in upstate New York. After seventeen years working for financial institutions in software development, she started writing her first book. She currently writes regency historicals for Kensington. Christie now lives in Maryland with her two sons. Come visit her on the web at www.christiekelley.com or www.facebook.com/ChristieKelleyAuthor
.


No comments: