Monday, September 09, 2013

Q & A with MISTY DIETZ!



1.  Tell us about your newest release.

Come Hell orHigh Desire is, at heart, a story about redemption. The heroine, Sloane, projects a very different aura on the outside than she actually feels. She’s tormented by guilt, and while she’s managed to be successful at her career, she feels an inner desperation to atone that has her making decisions that aren’t always the best for her. She doesn’t let too many people dig beneath her put-together façade. Then she meets Zack…

Zack tells himself he doesn’t give a shit what people think, but it’s a lie. His crushing guilt makes his walls steep. But being a protector is hard-wired into his genes just as dominantly as his broad shoulders and sexy green eyes, so when the woman he can’t stop thinking about finds herself in the cross-hairs of a dangerous web of deceit, he doesn’t hesitate to put himself in the line of fire to save her.


2. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

That I’m fascinated with subtext. I really love delving into what’s not being said. Things like lie just beneath the surface. I think so much can be missed when you’re not paying attention to someone’s body language. I try to play with that subtext in my stories.

3.  How long have you been writing?

Off and on since junior high. Lots of poetry in college, but I got serious about my writing when my youngest went to preschool five years ago.

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?


I would never be at the stage I’m at without my writer friends – there are just too many to list and I’m afraid to leave anyone out – all wonderful people I’ve met through various writer loops: Kiss of Death, From the Heart Romance Writers, and now the Entangled authors I’ve come to know.

Authors I don’t personally know who inspired me include Joanne Bourne - her novels are filled with lines of poetry and characters who make me tremble; Gina Showalter – love her gritty, conversational style; Julie Garwood – her stories sweep me away so completely I never want them to end; and JR Ward – omg, her heroes are to freakin’ die for!

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author?

My husband is thrilled to be my research buddy (*snort*), and everyone else in my family is ridiculously proud—even my husband’s grandmother who believes I write “smut.” LOL.

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

I love to hang out with my hubby and kids, read, bake, kayak, paddleboard, shop, pop in on various social media sites. 

7. Can you tell us what is coming up next for you?

I’m in the early stages of plotting a sexy friends-to-lovers romantic suspense novella that features sassy, larger-than-life Carmen, one of the secondary characters from COME HELL OR HIGH DESIRE. I’m uber excited about it!


8. How can readers connect with you online?

I’m a social media lover, so you can find me all over the place:

Big thanks to Patti for having me at RRT today! One thing I’d like to know from visitors is: what is your favorite point of view to read? First person (multiple or just one person’s) OR third person?


At the end of my blog tour we’ll be drawing the name for the prize winners. When I contact the winners, I’ll explain the type of character he or she will be naming. Thank you so much for being here! xo, misty ;)



a Rafflecopter giveaway


Blurb:



COME HELL OR HIGH DESIRE 

Torn between dangerous desires…

Framed for a series of brutal murders, rebel-turned-CEO Zack Goldman must go to ground. When he discovers that sexy boutique owner Sloane Swift has a shocking gift—terrifying visions that connect her to his mentor’s missing daughter—he can’t believe her refusal to help him. Nor can he believe he’s actually falling for the frustrating woman.

Their chemistry will either find its perfect equation…

Helping an accused killer ranks low on Sloane’s to-do list, no matter how hot the attraction burns between them. But putting to rest her overwhelming guilt over the missing woman’s fate proves more difficult than she ever imagined...that is, until her heart and conscience begin to align.

…or detonate everything in its path.

As the real killer locks in on Sloane, Zack will stop at nothing to keep her safe. And as they earn each other’s trust—with danger in hot pursuit—they may just lose their hearts in the process…

 

Author Bio:


Misty's love affair with words started in middle school when she penned dark stories set in exotic locales she knew nothing about. In college, her boy-angst spilled over into disturbing reams of poetry. After grad school, real life hit, and the writing went into hibernation until she found her own happily-ever-after with an ultra linear man who is the long-suffering counter-balance to her zig-zagging tendencies. Now, she spends her days writing emotionally complex, adrenaline-fueled stories, teaching Zumba, enjoying her family and friends, and praying her children don't come home with math homework.  You may contact Misty through her website, Facebook, or Twitter.           

3 comments:

Misty Dietz said...

Happy Monday everyone, and thank you for having me, Patti! Looking forward to hearing from everyone - what's your favorite Point Of View to read? First person or Third? :)

Theresa said...

I like third person.

Misty Dietz said...

Awesome! Glad to hear from you, Theresa :)