Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Q & A with Lindsay Patton!






1.  Tell us about your newest release.

Most Eligible is about Gavin Dimarco, a journalist.  He also writes historical mystery novels under the pen name, Gavin Martin.  His agent signs him up for a reality dating show, to promote his new book, much to Gavin’s dismay.  He knows that after this show airs, his true identity will not be a secret anymore.  He is skeptical that this dating show will result in anything other than publicity, until he meets the girl of his dreams at the hotel a couple of days before the show airs.  He has to decide what to do.  Go through with the show or go find Aislinn.

2.  Can you tell us a little about your favorite scene in the story?

My favorite scene in the book is when Gavin and Aislinn see each other for the second time outside of the hotel building.  It is an honest and comfortable meeting for both of them and it marks a pivotal moment in the book.  Neither of them is trying to impress the other.  They simply impress each other because they both like the other one for who they are.  It’s great.

3.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

I never realized how much I didn’t know about editing.  It was amazing to find out that, although I know the basics of commas and punctuation, my editor knew a lot more and with the kind of editing we did, it was fun and informative.  I learned a lot from the process.
Another thing I learned was how, sometimes, my characters change their minds and make me write things I hadn’t expected.  I think the story is better for it though.

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

Brita Addams, who also happens to be my mom, is the author and/or friend/family that influenced me to publish my book the first time.  Having grown up in a normal home with normal parents, I saw that it was possible for a normal housewife and mom of three to become a great published author.  I knew that I could do it too.

As far as my influence to rerelease, I would say that it was a combination of my parents and my husband.  They all encourage me to do what makes me happy and they knew that that would make me happy.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author?

My whole family is very proud of me and they are supportive of everything I do.  As I said, they just want what makes me happy.

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

I enjoy reading, watching TV (mostly old canceled shows on Netflix) with my husband, spending time with our puppy.  Another weekly treat is being able to go have dinner and TV show time with my parents on Saturdays.  I also look forward to church on Sundays too.

7.  How can readers connect with you online?





BLURB:

Gavin Dimarco is a journalist for the Los Angeles Times. As Gavin Martin, however, he is a successful author of historical mystery novels. When his agent calls with an opportunity to be the next reality TV “Bachelor,” he agrees—with one stipulation. None of the ladies vying for his heart can know his true identity until the end of the show. Gavin’s past has made him leery of women seeking his fortune, and that fear has left him alone, with only his dog and his love of reading as company. When Gavin meets the girl of his dreams right before Most Eligible airs, he’s ready to abandon the show. Everyone knows that you can’t find true love in a week on a TV show. When television’s version of reality meets Gavin’s reality, he has to make a tough choice—is he still eligible?

BIO: 


Lindsay is the youngest of three, having been born in 1984. She grew up in New Orleans and now lives in the Lafayette, LA area with her husband, Chris and their puppy, Fiona.
She has been writing for as long as she can remember, but it wasn’t until 2010 that she decided to pursue a writing career and finish her first novel, Most Eligible. Her confidence and drive came from the most encouraging parents a girl could ask for, a wonderful husband, as well as some friends who have read the many short stories and other works she has written over the years.

No comments: