Thursday, August 08, 2013

Q & A with Regina Carlysle



1.  Tell us about your newest release.

Mad Moon is book six of my High Plains Shifters series (Ellora’s Cave) and continues building this Texas wolf-shifter world. Where the first five stories take place in  remote West Texas, Mad Moon takes the series to a small wolf-filled town in East Texas and incorporates characters from the prior stories. This is a ‘woman on the run’ tale where Lana Vronski escapes the clutches of her cruel father and sadistic fiancé and when she winds up hunted in Texas, Madden Moon, leader of the Rogues takes her under his protection.

2.  Can you tell us a little about your favorite scene in the story?

Oddly, one of my favorite scenes is when Lana, my heroine, makes a new friend in Savannah. Lana is basically a lonely woman and her finding friendship for the first time is heart warming. Naturally this story is chock full of sex, passion, and lust-gone-wild but I love the honest and fun interactions between women as they discover their hopes and dreams aren’t so different after all.

3.  What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

I think the most surprising aspect to this story was how seamlessly I managed to mesh the wolf worlds from West to East Texas and even set up future wolf communities in South/Central Texas and into Oklahoma. There is more potential than I knew for expansion and I love that.

4.  What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer? 

My sister was instrumental in encouraging me to write my first romance back in the early 90’s. I had a love of regency-set historicals and eventually published two of them. Later, author extraordinaire, Desiree Holt, talked me into crossing over to the ‘dark side’ and giving erotic romance a whirl. I will be forever grateful for her advice. Having her as my own little cheerleader has meant the world.

5.  What does your family think about your career as a published author?

My family is completely supportive of what I do (although my mom still refuses to read my work…lol). My grown children are my biggest fans and constantly do what they can to keep my world running smoothly so I can focus on work. I love them for that along with the hours they happily spend listening to me discuss promotion and ideas. I constantly discuss plot bunnies with my daughter Avery and love that she gets as excited about my projects as I am. 

6.  Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

I love spending time with family and we all enjoy getting together for meals and conversation. It’s nice to live near the people I love most. Having dinner out or indulging in a ‘marathon’ on tv is fun too.

7.  How can readers connect with you online?

Facebook author page:

 Blurb for Mad Moon


 Book 6, High Plains Shifters

Madden Moon knows what she is the second she walks into the old café. Shifter. Wolf. Trouble.  Struck by her beauty and the air of exhaustion about her, the leader of the Texas Rogues, wishes her straight out of town but as the mating energy of their species sizzles between them and her enemies approach, he has no alternative but to bring the beautiful lycan under his protection and into his bed.

Runaway Lana Vronski is in big trouble. As she races through the woods, local wolves in hot pursuit, she believes all is lost until she is rescued by oh-so-sexy Madden. When he offers her sanctuary and sex hot enough to burn them both, she accepts his proposal but it isn’t until the mating heat between them begins to sizzle wildly out of control that Lana learns her true salvation awaits in his arms. Lana’s enemies are relentless, however, and will stop at nothing as they attempt to rip her from the arms of the man she loves.



About Regina Carlysle: 


A bit about me…

I grew up in small town Oklahoma then moved to Texas where I lived for over thirty years.  Once upon a time I worked as a newspaper journalist, as a public relations director for a university, and other assorted things but these days I am an award winning, multi-published author.
I like writing that is hot, edgy, and often humorous, and try to put this trademark stamp on all of my stories. These days I live in sunny Florida where I find the temps ‘heat up’ my creative urges.  I am a doting, fawning, and over-indulgent mom to my two adult children and believe them to be the coolest people in the world.

When I’m not penning steamy erotic tales set in  paranormal worlds or writing hot contemporary books (usually featuring a cowboy or two) I  indulge in long chats with friends who help me stay sane and keep me laughing. Wanna be my friend forever? Make me laugh.

3 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

Love your books Ms Reg:)

Regina Carlysle said...

Awww, you're so sweet, Molly. Thank you.

Elf2060 said...

Looks like a wonderful story!