Friday, August 30, 2013

Q & A with Catherine Bybee!

1. Tell us about your release. Give us a blurb to tease us! 

Gwen Harrison: The beautiful, high-born daughter of an English duke came to America to take over her sister-in-law’s matchmaking business. But just because she’s the boss doesn’t mean she can’t fantasize about making her own perfect match with bodyguard Neil MacBain. Will the enigmatic man who haunts her dreams cost her more than she bargained for? Neil MacBain: The retired Marine can’t deny the effect blue-blooded Gwen has on his troubled soul or his battle-hardened body. But as a client, Gwen is off-limits—until a threat from Neil’s past returns…and Gwen is caught in the crossfire. Now to keep her safe he will risk it all: his career, his life…and his heart.

2. Name five things (not research notes) that are on your desk right now.

An empty plate.
A Kindle
Unopened mail along with a stack of papers I really don’t want to sort through.
My iPad
Copies of Fiancé by Friday

3. What’s the best advice (writing or personal) that anyone has ever given you?

Just keep writing! Which is the advice I give to all writers who are trying to either get published, or get noticed. Writing book two always helps sell book one. I’m always amazed at my readers who jump into the third book in a series only to discover there are so many that came before.
Write!

4. What is your writing day like?

Lately? I have no idea…LOL I haven’t had many. Now that the summer is over (my kids are back in school) I can get back into a routine and crank out some new stuff!
When I’m ‘on’ I tend to start my day out with things I have to do, email, talking with my assistant, writing up interviews like this one…then I settle into the chair and get going. I take breaks often, and will almost always do my best work after
dark.

5. If you could have dinner anywhere with any five authors, dead or alive, which five would you choose?

Five? Okay… Nora Roberts, Ernest Hemmingway, Steven King, Kathleen Woodwiss and Dean Koontz.

6. If you weren’t writing, what other career would you have?

I still have my RN license…I’d find something in that field..

7. Finally . . . tell us how we can connect with you online.


Readers can find me all over by checking out my contacts page: http://catherinebybee.com/contact





FIANCE BY FRIDAY
The Weekday Bride Series, Book Three
Montlake Romance, Contemporary
August 13, 2013, First Edition
Paperback & Kindle

GWEN HARRISON:
The beautiful high-born daughter of an English duke came to America to take over her sister-in-law’s matchmaking business. But just because she’s the boss doesn’t mean she can’t fantasize about making her own perfect match with bodyguard Neil MacBain. Will the enigmatic man who haunts her dreams cost her more than she bargained for?

NEIL MACBAIN:
The retired Marine can’t deny the effect blue-blooded Gwen has on his troubled soul or his battle-hardened bodY. Bus as a client, Gwen is off-limits—until a threat from Neil’s past returns… and Gwen is caught in the crossfire. Now to keep her safe he will risk it all: his career, his life… and his heart.
 

BIO:
New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Catherine Bybee was raised in Washington State, but after graduating high school, she moved to Southern California in hopes of becoming a movie star. After growing bored with waiting tables, she returned to school and became a registered nurse, spending most of her career in urban emergency rooms. She now writes full-time and has penned novels Wife by Wednesday, Married by Monday, and Not Quite Dating. Bybee lives with her husband and two teenage sons in Southern California.  






3 comments:

Crystal Posey said...

Looks great! : )

Catherine Bybee said...

Thanks for having me here today.

Kathleen O said...

Oh Catherine you like one of my fav authors Kathleen E Woodiwiss. She was such a grand writer and I love, love Nora Roberts.. and you of course.. I have to start to read Fiancé by Friday soon.