Thursday, July 18, 2013

Q&A with Kate Hill!!!



1. Tell us about your latest release.

Northman’s Pleasure is an erotic Viking romance. It was released on July 17th by Ellora’s Cave. It’s the sequel to Northman’s Passion and focuses on Grim and Asgerd who were secondary characters in the first book.

This is the blurb for Northman’s Pleasure:

Legend is Grim Hammerhand is half wolf. Vowing never to marry, the muscular, red-haired warrior saves his passion for the battlefield and the forge. That is, until the woman he secretly lusts after is abducted.

Asgerd has loved Grim for years, only to be ignored by the object of her desire. She has eluded the bonds of marriage, hoping that someday Grim will notice her, but her dreams are shattered when she is captured and defiled by the brutal warrior Stein.

After the king sends Grim to rescue his daughter and claim Stein’s land, the passion between the couple finally ignites. In the end, Grim’s mistrust of all women could destroy their one true chance for happiness.

An excerpt from the story is posted at http://www.kate-hill.com/northmanspleasurepromo.html


 
2. What inspired you to start writing as a career?

For as long as I can remember I’ve loved telling stories. When I was about sixteen I decided I wanted to write for publication. It took me about twelve years before my first story was accepted.

3. When you’re not writing, what do you do for fun and relaxation?

I enjoy reading, working out and watching horror and action movies.

4. What is a typical writing day like?

I schedule certain times each day for writing, research, promo and edits. When I’m writing a first draft, I like listening to music, but when I’m doing research or working on edits, I prefer everything to be quiet.

5. Do you have an interesting writing quirk or habit?

One of my favorite ways to get to know my characters is by thinking about how they would react in day to day situations that I find myself or others in.

6. What’s coming up next for you?

Right now I’m working on another book in my Horsemen series. It’s about Ivan who was introduced in Mystery Stallion.

7. How can readers connect with you online?

I love to hear from readers. My website is http://www.kate-hill.com and my email is katehill@sprintmail.com. You can also find me on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/katehillromance.

Contest

To enter this contest you must be 18 or over.

To enter for the chance to win a download of an ebook from my Ellora’s Cave backlist (winner’s choice of title) please comment and also send an email to katehill@sprintmail.com with RRT Contest in the subject line. The contest will run for three days from the day of this post. At the end of that time, a winner will be selected from the comments. Thank you!


4 comments:

Eva Millien said...

Great Interview! I am looking forward to reading Northman's Pleasure. Congrats on the new release. Thanks for sharing and for the giveaway.

Kate Hill said...

Hi Eva! Thank you!

flchen1 said...

Wow, Kate, this sounds fabulous--I love stories about long-unrequited love ;) (Assuming that it eventually is returned ;)) Thanks for the interview and the peek!

Kate Hill said...

Hello, Fedora! Thank you!