Saturday, May 18, 2013

Q & A with Catherine Bybee!!





Tell us about your latest release.

Not Quite Mine is Katie and Dean’s story. My readers met Dean and Katie in Not Quite Dating. Katie is a rich heiress to a hotel empire and has everything she could possible want…except the man she’s always loved.

But alas…this is a romance novel and my readers going into the book know there will be a HEA, but that journey is met with many twists and turns that will hopefully delight and keep my readers turning pages.
 
What inspired you to start writing as a career?

Before writing full time, I worked as an ER RN. I was injured at work six years ago and never went back. I had a choice at that point… feel sorry for myself or reinvent myself. I decided to write all the stories crawling around in my head and the rest, as they say, is history.

When you’re not writing, what do you do for fun and relaxation?

My husband would argue that there is not such a time when I’m not writing. And he’d be right. If I’m not sitting at my desk I’m thinking of my stories, of what I’m going to write next and how it will all play out. I do love to travel, but again, I’m always thinking about the next book.

The truth is, when you LOVE what you do you always want to be doing it.

What is a typical writing day like?

I start by clearing out my inbox of email, checking with my assistant about what needs to be done in terms of tours and promotion. If I have a book in edits that takes priority. If not, then it’s onto writing after a cup of coffee and maybe a trip to the gym. Thought that gym thing doesn’t happen as often as it should. *wink* I write every day. When I’m on a deadline I have a word count of 3,000 to achieve. Some days I write more, some days less. It just depends on the story.



Do you have an interesting writing quirk or habit?

I often write books around their titles. There have been very few exceptions.


What’s coming up next for you?

I am finishing final edits for Fiancé by Friday, which will be released in August 2013. And I’m in edits for Not Quite Enough scheduled to release in October 2013. And of course I’m still writing more and more.


How can readers connect with you online?

@catherinebybee – Twitter
Facebook – Catherine Bybee Romance Author

And of course goodreads, pintrest and every possible social media outlet.

My Newsletter is the best source of up to date information and release schedules.





a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

GingerRing said...

I am a huge fan of Catherine's books and I am really forward to these new releases.

Joni said...

I am so glad Catherine writes because this girl loves reading her stories!

Lea O'Connor said...

Great interview Catherine!! I love this series and can't wait for more!

msrh0nda said...

Going to start the series very soon. Loved learning more about you.

Crystal Posey said...

This post turned out great! :)