Friday, March 15, 2013

Q & A with Tawny Weber!!!






1. Tell us about your latest release.

          Oh man, I am SO excited about A SEAL’s Surrender!   Here’s the official backcover blurb:

Subject: Lieutenant CommanderCade Sullivan
Status: On leave
Mission: He’s home to take care of some family business.
Obstacle: Eden Gillespie. The girl who always lands in trouble...has landed in his bed!

Lieutenant Commander Cade Sullivan is the job. His commitment to the Navy SEALs is absolute—almost. Worse still, he’s been summoned home, where his family is the town royalty and women vie to be one of Cade’s conquests. One of them in particular....

Ever since they were kids, Cade has been rescuing Eden Gillespie. Now she’s decided she owes him one heck of a thank-you—one that involves a bed, naked bodies and sweet satisfaction. But when their sexy trysts are discovered, Eden becomes a bit of a town sensation—and not in a good way. Can she convince her SEAL to risk one last rescue operation?

A SEAL’s Surrender follows my February release, A SEAL’s Seduction.  In both, the heroes are SEALs who serve together and recently lost their best friend and comrade-in-arms to enemy fire.  Both heroes are going through a soul-searching quest to accept this very real aspect of their jobs, and to deal with their emotions after the loss.  In A SEAL’s Surrender, Cade is back in his hometown on a family emergency and finds himself, once again, rescuing that cute girl next door, Eden Gillespie.  I loved writing Eden, she’s the kind of girl you’d want for a  BFF.  Fun, upbeat, supportive and sweet, she’s also ambitious and very, very much in love with Cade.  This is a friends-to-lovers story with a sexy twist and a lot of emotional challenges. 


2. What inspired you to start writing as a career?

          I love romance novels.  I’ve been reading them voraciously since I was a girl, working my way up the heat levels from YA to Blaze *g *  I never idolized movie stars or rock stars, saving my pedestal for authors instead.  The idea of giving a reader escape, joy, hope, an emotional journey and a chance to live a different life for the span of a story was amazing to me.  But the idea of writing wasn’t one I ever entertained until after I’d quit my day job after having my second child.   My husband asked what my dream career would be, and out of the blue, I said ‘Romance Author’.  He asked why I wasn’t pursuing it, and after I got through a handful of lame excuses, I decided to try.  I did research, I started a story.  I realized I had no idea what I was doing *g * so I did a little more research and discovered Romance Writers of America.  After joining, the journey became a little easier.  Not quicker, by any means, but easier.  I started in 2002, sold my first book in 2006 and my current release, A SEAL’s Surrender, is my 18th Blaze and 20th release. 


3. When you’re not writing, what do you do for fun and relaxation?

          My favorite way to relax is to sleep.  I never seem to get much of that, though *g*  My second favorite would be to make things.  I scrapbook, I knit, I garden, I bake.  I love color and texture, and anything that lets me create. 

4. What is a typical writing day like?

          My typical writing day is split into thirds.  The most important third is actually at night.  I call it my Gotta Do time.  I do the bulk of my writing between 10pm and 3am, 7 days a week, after the family is asleep.  This time is devoted to whichever book currently has priority, which is usually determined by contract dealines.  The second third is what I like to call my Gotta Try writing.  We’re a homeschooling family, so most of my day is focused on that.  But when my daughter is at various classes, I work in writing for other books (indies, proposals, freebies for my website, etc).  I can usually get in about 5 or 6 hours a week of Gotta Try writing.  The third part of my writing day is marketing. That’s the toughest part. 


5. Do you have an interesting writing quirk or habit?

          Hmm, that’s a good question.  I have a few irritating ones, like color-coding my plotting board, that give my critique partner hives.  But I’m not sure about interesting.  Other than the fact that I write in the middle of the night, have to have headphones on, and whenever I get stuck I either knit or scrapbook until my creative juices are flowing again and I can finish the scene.  But those aren’t very interesting *g *

6. What’s coming up next for you?

          In May, I’ll not only have the release of my next Blaze—MIDNIGHT SPECIAL—but it’s also a two-in-one, including one of my favorite stories, COMING ON STRONG.  I love that these two stories are being released together, because both are favorites for very different reasons. MIDNIGHT SPECIAL features Hunter, the very sexy FBI agent from my Undercover Operatives trilogy.  After receiving a LOT of fan requests, Hunter finally gets his own hot love story.   And-if that wasn’t awesome enough, COMING ON STRONG is the story that was a major turning point in my writing journey.  I’ve always had a strong writing voice, but COMING ON STRONG is the first book I wrote that I was totally aware of my voice, and could use it as a tool to help tell the story, not just as the vehicle the story was riding on. 
          I have a couple of indie novellas that will be out this summer, and then in September I’m over-the-moon excited to be a part of the new Cosmo Red Hot Read with Harlequin launch.  My book is called FAKING IT, and involves Las Vegas, lingerie and a secret identity sex game. 

7. How can readers connect with you online?

          I’m on Facebook and Twitter, of course, and I blog with the Blaze Authors and The Romance Bandits, as well as on Healthy Writer.  But the very best place to find me is my website.  Not only can all the dirt on my books be found there, I also have a fabulously fun Red Hot Readers club—a free feature that includes bonus excerpts, recipes, insider peeks into the stories and upcoming releases and special contests just for club members. 


No comments: