Thursday, September 06, 2012

Q & A with Susan Wiggs!





Tell us about your newest release, “Return To Willow Lake”.

SW: It’s the story of Sonnet Romano, one of my favorite characters. She’s smart, ambitious, but clueless when it comes to matters of the heart. At the wedding reception of her best friend and stepsister, Daisy Bellamy, Sonnet starts something she can’t stop...

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your story?

SW: That even with a deadline staring me in the face, a book emerges in its own time. I’m really struggled to get this book to readers. Now I’m so happy with the result. Hope readers like it too. 

What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

SW: Anne Frank. Harriet the Spy. Anne of Green Gables. I love it when my imaginary friends show up.

Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

SW: Gosh, everything. Family and friends. Traveling the world. Sports...used to be more sports. Here’s a little insider scoop–that author photo on the back of the book...I was completely dazed on painkillers. I had just shattered my wrist while skateboarding with a giant Doberman on a leash. But that’s another story....

Can you tell us about what’s coming up in the next year for you writing wise?

SW: A yummy new series called the Bella Vista Cooking School novels. The first is called The Apple Orchard. And then a Lakeshore book about Logan O’Donnell, who is finally coming into his own.

How can readers connect with you online?

SW: Thanks for asking! The party is ongoing at www.facebook.com/susanwiggs


Learn more by visiting the author's website at  http://www.susanwiggs.com/index.shtml

3 comments:

Kathleen O said...

Great interview.. I am so happy to see that Logan will get his own story.. We could be related..LOL...
I am so looking forward to your new series too... Love books that have cooking in them..

PaulaP said...

Love Susan Wiggs's books! Looking forward to Return to Willow Lake!

flchen1 said...

Very cool indeed! Thanks for the terrific interview, Susan!