Thursday, August 02, 2012

Q & A with Tiffany Reisz!!



     
      1.  Tell us about your newest release.

THE SIREN (MIRA Books 2012) by Tiffany Reisz is the first in a series of BDSM novels (The Original Sinners series) featuring a quirky and beautiful Dominatrix, her various lovers (including a Catholic priest), and her wealthy and powerful clients. (I totally stole that from the Wikipedia article on BDSM fiction).

I wanted to write a book where the female lead character got to be as wild and powerful as the men. In romance novels, the men always get the best lines while the chick stands there and fumes all flustered by his amorous attentions. THE SIREN gives us a role-reversal. Nora Sutherlin is an erotica writer, a Dominatrix, and world-class seductress. Her new editor, while gorgeous and intelligent, is a stuffed-shirt who seriously needs to unwind. She’s the sexy wild child. He’s the scandalized bluestocking. For readers who are sick of wilting flower heroines and predictable ride-off-into-the-sunset endings, this is the book for you.

2. What was one of the most surprising things you have learned as a writer?

I learned writing is a job, not an art. The finished product is art but the process of creating a book is a job. You set your hours (in my case 8pm to midnight), you show up for work, you put your words on paper, you clock out and carry on with your life.

3. What authors or friends influenced you in helping you to become a writer?

Bad writing probably influenced my decision to become a writer more than anything else. After reading thousands of books, you become a connoisseur of good writing. So when exposed to bad writing (weak plot, wooden dialogue, boring or unrealistic characters) you start to think things like, “I could write better shit than this with my eyes closed and have a pint of vodka in me.” My first stab at real creative writing was me deciding to prove I could write a better story than a crappy author I read. Good books give me something to strive for. Bad books give me something to crush.

4. What does your family think about your career as a published author?

They could not possibly be more proud of me. I’m blessed to have such supportive parents and my sister is my number one fan.

5. Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

Sex. Is that an okay answer? It’s true. Just ask my other half. I could lie and say knitting or tennis or whatever. But really it’s sex, kink, books, and sleeping. I’m really into sleeping.

6. Can you tell us about what's coming up next for you writing wise?

More books! THE ANGEL which is Original Sinners book two comes out in September. THE PRINCE (Original Sinners book three) releases in November. THE SIREN is the book that’ll get me into trouble. THE ANGEL is the book that’ll get me arrested. THE PRINCE is the book that’ll get me excommunicated.

I can’t wait.

7. How can readers connect with you online?

I’m always ALWAYS on Twitter - @tiffanyreisz
My website is www.tiffanyreisz.com. Go to www.tiffanyreisz.com/storytime for my blog and free stories. And if you have a question, just email me! tiffany@tiffanyreisz.com

1 comment:

PaulaP said...

Enjoyed the interview! Congrats on your new release, Tiffany! :)