Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Twenty Questions by Carrie Lofty


Below, I’ve “asked myself” twenty questions, answering only yes or no. The point? By the conclusion of all twenty questions, I hope I’ll have revealed my favorite romance of all time. Let’s play:

1. Was it written in the past ten years?
Yes.

2. Have you written in this genre?
Yes.

3. Is it a contemporary romance?
No.

4. Is it historical romance?
Yes.

5. Is it primarily set in the United Kingdom?
No.

6. Is this the book where you got the idea you could set romances in various settings and people would be totally gung ho about the refreshing change of scenery?
Yes!

7. So that means it would’ve needed to come out before you got published, right?
Yes.

8. It’s set in a non-UK place, but are the characters British?
Yes.

9. Is it part of a series?
Yes.

10. Does either the hero or heroine have siblings who get their own books?
Yes.

11. Is either the hero or heroine a member of the aristocracy?
Yes.

12. Is the heroine a seemingly spoiled yet ultimately loving woman who just needs the right man to show her the kinder, more meaningful side of life?
No.

13. Is the heroine a brainy spinster-ish type that catches the attention of a hot guy who, if he turned out to be Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing, wouldn’t have let anyone put her in the corner?
Yes.

14. Does he dance as well as Patrick Swayze did?
No.

15. Does he remind you of a sexy, adventurous version of Hugh Laurie playing a comedic role?
Yes.

16. Of course, the brainy heroine is able to get out trouble on her own, yes?
No.

17. Is she a shrinking violet in the bedroom?
No.

18. Was it written by a woman whose newest historical romance released the same day as STARLIGHT?
Yes.

19. Is this the only book you’ve ever loved by this author?
No.

20. Does the book’s first edition have a brilliantly tacky pink cover?
Yes.

So…what’s my favorite romance of all time?

What’s next for me: 

Now that RT BookReviews 4½ Star Top Pick STARLIGHT has hit the shelves, I'll be looking forward to the release of HIS VERY OWN GIRL [http://www.carrielofty.com/HVOG.html], a historical romance set in World War II. It's not women's fiction. It's not literary fiction. It's a genuine romance, complete with sexy times and a happy ending. Look for it September 4th as a Pocket Star digital original novel. I cannot wait to see how readers respond! 

I'll also be launching a new co-written pseudonym, Katie Porter, with my long-time friend and critique partner, Lorelie Brown. Our "Vegas Top Guns" series of contemporary erotic romances will debut from Samhain on July 31 with the release of DOUBLE DOWN, which is also a RT BookReviews 4½ Star Top Pick. Two more from the series, INSIDE BET and HOLD 'EM, will follow in August and September. You can learn more about these and future books at our website [http://www.katieporterbooks.com].

Where to find me:

Twitter: @carrielofty

I’ll give away one copy of STARLIGHT to any commenter chosen at random, and I'll ship anywhere.

As for the game, I’ll collect names of people who correctly guessed the title. For that randomly drawn winner, I’ll send either the book in question or any from my back catalog—your choice!

Good luck. Thanks again to Romance Reviews Today for having me!

11 comments:

LSUReader said...

My guess is Loretta Chase's Mr. Impossible is your favorite book.
Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading Starlight.

Maureen said...

I will guess Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase.

Kristy said...

I'm also guessing Mr. Impossible by Loretta Chase. I can never forget the pink in that cover!

kliu107 (at) gmail (dot) com

Linda said...

Guessing it's Loretta Chase's Mr Impossible
Pink cover, Set in Egypt, scholar heroine...
Love her books too!

thumbelinda03@yahoo.com

Kiersten said...

Gotta go with Mr Impossible FTW. Love that book. Love yours too. But you knew that. ;-)

bn100 said...

Mr. Impossible by Loretta Chase

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

Na said...

Loretta Chase's latest release shares the same date as Starlight...My guess is Mr. Impossible. The original cover is very pink and it has such a unique setting.

Martha Lawson said...

Well, I didn't have a clue till I looked at the other comments!

I would love to be entered to win a copy of Starlight.

mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

Laurie G said...

I agree that MR IMPOSSIBLE by Loretta Chase does have an unique pink cover! It was set in Egypt. He is British and a member of an aristocratic family.
She did have a new release on June 26, 2012.

CONGRATS on your recent release of STARLIGHT! You are a new author for me.

Chelsea B. said...

I am going to say the ever lovely Loretta Chase's Mr. Inpossible!
I just got Starlight and can't wait to dig in! :-)

Laurie G said...

I did look through Karen Ranney's book list and Johanna Lindsay's list ... could not find a better match then Loretta Chase's Mr Impossible as I forgot to mention in my earlier comment.