Sunday, July 01, 2012

Guest Blogger: Moira Rogers talks about the Bloodhounds series



Thank you to Romance Reviews Today for having us!  I’m Bree, one half of the paranormal romance writing duo of Moira Rogers, and I’m here today to talk about two things: dangerous men and the women who love them. And I’m not just talking about their heroines—I mean all the women who love them, including those of us who read & write about them!

When the time came to think about a blog tour for the Bloodhounds series, Donna & I spent a lot of time wondering what sort of secret information we could share that would delight and entertain readers.  What makes a fun blog post?  For me, there’s little more enjoyable than a post full of all the delicious gossip about a favorite hero, or tongue-melting photos of the latest celebrity hunk. 

That got me thinking about the Bloodhounds universe.  Those monster-hunting bad boys cut quite a dashing figure.  What would the 19th century predecessors to modern day bloggers have to say about a man who howls at the moon—and falls into a sexual frenzy when it goes dark?  Who would be brave enough to host the Wild West version of Hump Day Hunk?

The answer: Leatrice Kettering.  (Donna’s new penname!) Over the next few weeks it is our pleasure to share excerpts from the most scandalous book that never existed—an instructional guide that dishes all the dirty gossip about the dark heroes who populate our Bloodhounds series, and how an enterprising young lady might turn these vicious hunters into delicious prey.  



CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION TO BLOODHOUNDS

Welcome, dear reader.  They say no one ever succeeded who failed to try, and in this regard, I applaud you.  You have taken the first step toward seizing opportunity, should it arise—and, trust me, it shall.  The knowledge gleaned from this guide will almost certainly help you to make it so.

Bloodhound.  The word itself incites a shiver, does it not?  Seldom is there a maiden to be found who does not harbor a certain fascination for these honorable beasts, and rightly so.  They are charged with our protection, even our very lives, and they acquit themselves quite nobly of the duty.

For some young ladies, this fascination goes beyond the casual or even morbid curiosity.  They could perhaps think of no greater happiness than to make the acquaintance of a hound, to meet and mingle with these modern-day knights.  Some may even dream of marrying such a man in his retirement.

But where to begin?  Etiquette dictates that a bloodhound is not to be snubbed for his rough manners but rewarded for his service, and yet they find plenty of doors closed to them.  Many are forced to keep company with actors, artists, and other denizens also shut away from decent society.  It is a sad, lamentable truth, but imminently correctable, I assure you, even for young ladies of good reputation and gentle breeding.

In this guide, I shall share with you a brief history of the bloodhounds and their Guild, as well as relate some practical information which should serve you well in your quest to explore this exciting, hidden niche of society.

As always, I wish you all good fortune, and every bit of the personal happiness you so richly deserve.

Miss Leatrice Kettering
* * *
Read more about Moira Rogers & the Bloodhounds series at http://www.moirarogers.com/bloodhounds  Book #3 in the series, Archer’s Lady, is available on July 3rd, 2012.
* * *


Enter the giveaway! One winner will get a copy of one of the books from the Bloodhounds series, also including ARCHER'S LADY. Post and comment to be entered

13 comments:

flchen1 said...

Oh, VERY cool! I LOVE Moira's books--can't wait for Archer's Lady and Ms. Kettering's instructive guide ;)

Lexi H said...

What a great idea! And you are so right, who can resist extra tidbits of information on the Bloodhounds?!

Karen H in NC said...

Never read this author's books before. I have to say that looking at the cover of Archer's Lady sort of reminded me of Antonio Banderas in the film Desperado.

Thanks for the giveaway.

StacieD said...

I have Wilder's Mate but would love to read the other stories in the series. I love that the series is a mixture of so many sub-genres. Congrats on Archer's Lady!

geishasmom73 AT yahoo DOT com

cait045 said...

I would love to start this series because I do love Moira Roger's Southern Arcana series and other stories by her.

usignolc(at)yahooDOTcom

CrystalGB said...

I love Moira's books. Thanks for the great giveaway.

Estella said...

This series sounds sooo good!

Cathy M said...

What a fun post. I love this series already and can't wait to read Archer's Lady.

Sherry said...

I love Moira's books and can't wait to read this one.
sstrode at scrtc dot com

Martha Lawson said...

Another new to me author! Love finding them. Please enter me to win, these books sound great

bn100 said...

Nice post and excerpt.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

winnie said...

This series sound great, I'm intrigued to read it now!

Laurie said...

Thanks for the guide! I'm looking forward to reading this!
lfacchini(at)tampabay(dot)rr(dot)com