Learn more about Gerry and her books by visiting her website at: http://www.gerrybartlett.com/
Top Five Things Gerry Can’t Live Without
I’m not ashamed to admit I’m a creature of habit. And getting more stuck in my ways the older I get. I’ve been on a road trip recently and realized there are just some things I can’t function without. Here’s my list:
1) The Internet- If you’d told me this a few years ago, I wouldn’t have believed you, but I have to check my email. Often. It’s like my link to the world. And we stayed at a motel on this trip that had connection issues. My reaction was ugly. I was ready to hit the closest McDonald’s at midnight just to get my ‘Net fix. Of course part of it is my reliance on Facebook. I love the way people interact there. And miss it when I can’t answer queries.
2) Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke. So I take a cooler with me on the road. And have to have my drink to wake up in the morning. No coffee for me. Ah, the first cold caffeinated drink in the morning. Yes, I’m weird that way.
3) Makeup- We travelled with a friend who actually LEFT THE MOTEL without any. Sorry, but no one sees me without full war paint on. Moisturizer, base, eyes, including liner, and blush. I can do my entire face in a quick five minutes and I’m ready to face the world. But not before. Maybe I’m fooling myself, but my mom taught me a lady never shows her naked face in public and I live that rule.
4) Comfy clothes. Now I like to shop and do it frequently. But whatever I wear has to not bind me at the waist. Yep, I can sneak in some elastic or spandex as long as my top hangs over the waistband. And I haven’t tucked since before my kid was born and he’s, well, an adult. I will suffer for beauty, but not for more than the two minutes it takes me to try on a pair of heels, walk around a store and then give them back to the clerk. Nope, I’m over that. Comfort is king.
5) Finally, I can’t live without my support system and I don’t mean that mega-underwear holding me in and up. I mean my fabulous friends and family who help me get through the tough times and celebrate the good ones. I’m lucky to be surrounded by special people who know when to listen and when to say the right thing. It’s a blessing I don’t take for granted.
Now how about you? What are some of the things you can’t live without? Share here and maybe you’ll win a copy of REAL VAMPIRES HATE SKINNY JEANS. I’d love to hear from you. Come on, don’t be shy. Obviously I’m not.
Gerry's blog: http://gerrybartlett.wordpress.com/
Sign up for Gerry's newsletter: http://www.gerrybartlett.com/Newsletters.html
Gerry on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Gerry-Bartlett/654253765
Gerry on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/gerrybartlett