Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Q&A with...Betty Midnight!


1. Tell us about your newest release.


Hadyn Heat is a new series I’m writing about a man who is also a werewolf. The first book explores his deepest urges, which are his sexual urges.

The entire book is based around urges…

Hadyn can’t help but break one of the biggest rules of his pack and follows his urge. This leads him to a beautiful woman but in the background, lurking, there’s an evil man named Valon. Valon has the urge to take over the world and to do so he must find a way for Hadyn to mate with his daughter, Sephy.


Now Hadyn must not only find a way to stop Valon, he must find a way to control his own urges.



2. Can you tell us a little about your favorite scene in the story?

The climax of the book was so much fun to write. I had the scene in my mind from the moment I started writing the book. Each time I went to the scene, either in a notebook or writing it out, I kept reminding myself to make it bigger and better. So it became a scene that involves love, sex, murder, fighting, and death…



3. Do you write about bad boys or good guys?

I like good guys. I always have and always will. I think good guys can have a bad boy side to them but they always conquer it, which makes them so much sexier.



4. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

Wow, what a good question. I really don’t know. I always wrote, as long as I could remember. I always liked love stories and as I got older, I started to read some steamier romance novels which started to shift my focus towards that. Then I started toying with the idea of writing more erotic kind of works – stories that purpose but also have sex. When Hadyn came to mind I realized I had my outlet.



5. Tell us a little about your daily writing routine. Are you a plotter or pantser?

I try so hard to be a plotter, but face it, I’m a punster. I’ll have a few scene ideas and that’s about it.


6. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I have to finish the scene I’m working on. I know some writers who will stop in the middle of a sentence so they are quickly motivated to get writing again. NOT ME! I need to finish the part I’m working on or it will bother me.



7. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

Writing really can be fun. Going from short erotic stories to a longer body of work is scary. I wrote Hadyn Heat with my friend, Ava Michaels, but the original idea and concept was all mine. To me, it seemed impossible to do what my favorite writers do… but you know? I did it. And it was fun.



8. What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

I have a long list of those I love to read. I can go from Danielle Steele to Nicholas Sparks to Bella Andre even to Stephen King, if the story is right. I tend to pass on his older stuff. The closest friend I have in all this is Ava. She’s the one who helped me to expand some of the parts and write them with me.



9. What does your family think about your career as a published author?

I have a supportive group of friends and family. Writing the kind of stuff I do (with sex scenes) doesn’t always get the cheers and celebrations I imagine in my mind, but I’m happy to say that they support me.



10. Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

My favorite thing to do is read. Honestly. I’m probably such a boring person. I read, write, and no matter what I do, I always carry a notebook because you never know when an idea will strike.



11. Can you tell us about what’s coming up next for you writing wise?

The most important thing I have is to finish all of Hadyn Heat. It’s a four book series, so myself and Ava are hard at work with the series. I also have two stand alone erotic romance novels that I’m hoping to finish. One is a shapeshifter book like Hadyn Heat, but the other is about real people (along the lines of my novel Just the Sex, Please).



12. How can readers connect with you online?

I have a blog that I need to tend to more… http://www.bettymidnight.blogspot.com/

I Tweet @BettyMidnight

My Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003212415229



Purchase links:



Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Hadyn-Heat-One-Urge-ebook/dp/B0076U1WOA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330341527&sr=8-1

Barnes & Noble - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hadyn-heat-betty-midnight/1108622023

All Romance ebooks - http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-hadynheatonetheurge-679155-139.html

No comments: