Thursday, January 26, 2012

Q&A with Jane Wenham-Jones!


1. Tell us about your newest release.




It’s called PRIME TIME and is the story of Laura who is feeling middle-aged, fat and hormonal (write what you know, they told me! ) when she unexpectedly gets involved with a daytime tv programme and everything changes. It’s billed as a romantic comedy but I like to think it makes some serious points too…



2. Can you tell us a little about your favorite scene in the story?



Well I drew on my own experiences of doing daytime TV so some of the scenes in the book are quite close to some of my funnier/more embarrassing moments.



3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?



When I was about seven but it took me another 25 years to actually get down to it.



4. Tell us a little about your daily writing routine. Are you a plotter or pantser?

A bit of both. I long to be more organised and it must be wonderful to have the whole thing mapped out before you start. I usually have a start, and a pretty good idea of the end and have thought up a few key events that are going to happen along the way. But how that all joins up is something I sort out as I go.



5. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?



My humour, I’m told…



6. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?



What hard work it can be.



7. What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?



Oh gosh too many to mention – my writing friends are wonderful. In my book Wannabe a Writer? I talk about how important friends are. The chapter is entitled Friends Called Lynne – because lots of mine seem to be!



8. What does your family think about your career as a published author?



They roll their eyes. Seriously, my parents are very proud, my husband perks up when the cheques come in and my teenage son thinks it all slightly embarrassing.



9. Besides writing, what other interests do you have?



Reading, walking, baking bread, doing the crossword, eating out, drinking nice wine, waking up at four in the morning thinking: why did I SAY that??



10. Can you tell us about what’s coming up next for you writing wise?



Right now, I have to catch up on columns and hundreds of emails. But I may then start work on some more non-fiction. Though I also have this vague idea for another novel…

11. How can readers connect with you online?

http://www.janewenham-jones.com/ or we have a chat room on http://www.wannabeawriter.co.uk/ - Sunday mornings are a regular event. And I always love to hear from readers direct on jane@janewenham-jones.com. I will reply – even if it takes a while – I am constantly behind on my mail….

*****

A British romantic comedy by Jane Wenham-Jones, author of 'Perfect Alibis'.


Laura Meredith never imagined herself appearing on TV– she’s too old, too flabby, too downright hormonal, and much too busy holding things together for her son, Stanley, after husband, Daniel, left her for a younger, thinner replacement.


But best friend Charlotte is a determined woman and when Laura is persuaded on to a daytime show to talk about her PMT, everything changes. Suddenly there’s a camera crew tracking her every move and Laura finds herself an unlikely star. Wined, dined, and pampered, she begins to see the charms of a younger partner herself. But as things hot up between her and gorgeous TV director, Cal, they’re going downhill elsewhere. While Laura’s caught up in a heady whirlwind of beauty treatments, makeovers and glamorous film locations, Charlotte’s husband, Roger, is concealing a guilty secret, Stanley’s got problems at school, work’s piling up, and when Laura turns detective to protect Charlotte’s marriage, things go horribly wrong.


The champagne’s flowing as Laura’s prime time TV debut looks set to be a hit. But in every month, there’s a Day Ten …



Buy links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006M0TUQC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=lucyfelt-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B006M0TUQC

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006M0TUQC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=lucyfelthouse-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B006M0TUQC

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/prime-time-jane-wenham-jones/1107994945?ean=9781908262790&itm=1&usri=prime+time+jane+wenham+jones

No comments: