Thursday, December 29, 2011

Guest Blogger: Kat Martin chats about A Party to Remember


Note: be sure to check out the contest below. 

A PARTY TO REMEMBER

by Kat Martin


    I love New Year’s Eve. When I was younger, I was pretty much a wallflower who sat home year after year. I would watch the glass ball going down in Times Square and wish I was there. As an adult I’ve tried to make up for all those lost New Year’s Eves and rarely miss going out on the town.


     I love to dress up in black sequins and high heels, and am fortunate that my husband is a knockout in a tuxedo. One of my favorite New Year’s parties was in Beverly Hills. I was invited to a function that was the height of elegance and even had celebrities in attendance. I remember seeing Hugh O’Brien, who used to be Wyatt Earp on TV, a really gorgeous guy back then, and Faye Dunaway, who was class personified.

     For me New Year’s Eve is champagne and romance, and being a romance writer, why wouldn’t I adore it?


     This year, besides going out on the town, I’ll be celebrating the re-release of one of my all time favorite books--HOT RAIN. The hero, Jake Dawson, would look gorgeous in a tux--or better yet, nothing at all. Allie Parker is blond and sexy, and the chemistry between them burns. Jake’s an undercover agent working to catch a gang of drug smugglers. Unfortunately, Allie Parker believes he’s one of the thugs who have taken her prison and stashed her on the yacht they are taking to Mexico.

     Jake has a helluva time keeping Allie safe and at the same time playing the roll of her captor. There’s a lot of humor in this one, which is why my readers chose it back when it first came out as their all-time favorite.

     The book has been out of print for nearly ten years, so I’m hoping readers who haven’t had a chance to read it will give it a try. It’s got a fabulous new cover and will be out in e-book format for the first time ever.

     I hope you’ll try HOT RAIN and that you enjoy. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Very best wishes, Kat


******

A big thank you to Kat for blogging today. Learn more about HOT RAIN by clicking here.

She is also giving away an ecopy of HOT RAIN to one lucky commenter.

Good luck!





6 comments:

Kathleen O said...

I loved New Years Eve too.. I would get all dressed up and go to dances and parties with friends and family... It was always a grand night.. The last few years, it has not been the same for me. But I will be with family this year and will ring out all the sad times 2011 brought me and will ring in the Happy times to come in 2012.
Wishing you all the best for 2012.
Happy New Year.

Kat Martin said...

Kathleen-- hope you have a wonderful New Year's this year and lots of good luck in 2012! Hope you continue to enjoy my books! warmest, Kat

Estella said...

Am not a party goer. Love staying home with a good book.

Happy New Year!

Sheree said...

Congrats on your new release!

I've never seen the ball drop in Times Square either although in my case it was a choice I made - too many people. I never went to any New Year's Eve parties; I'd rather watch the ball drop on television and the fireworks outside (I grew up in a 6 stories building and the super would let us up on the roof to watch the fireworks).

Of course, had I been invited to a New Year's Eve party where I could hobnob with celebrities, I'd be all for it!

Happy New Year!

Kat Martin said...

Sheree! I think your New Years on top of the roof sounds very romantic. Hope I get to try it sometime. Have a wonderful 2012. warmest, Kat

flchen1 said...

How lovely, Kat! Looking forward to picking up Hot Rain! As for parties, we're kind of homebodies, so I think we'll be celebrating quietly :) We might even *shh...* go to bed early ;)