Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hot August Nights


After a rather cool spring here that lingered into the summer, it's finally gotten hot. I don't know about most people, but when it's hot out, it's almost perfect to stay inside where it's cool and read. It's too hot to do much outdoors when the weather is inching toward 100 degrees. I can remember growing up we'd go to movies in the evening and aftewards hit the drive innfor ice cream. Ahh...the good old days!

I just recently finished reading Carly Phillips' SERENDIPITY for review and really enjoyed it. Another of my favorite reads this summer was HEAT WAVES by Susan Lyons. And for quick and fun reads, there's always the Harlequin Desires. Rarely do I find a dud in them. I read a lot, mostly for review, but sometimes they tend to blend together. Yet, when I see the blurb, I remember them and some of my favorite scenes.

So, now you know what I've been reading, tell us about yours. What are you reading...have read...or plan to read soon?

3 comments:

Kathleen O said...

One of my favourite reads of the summer was The Help... when I started this book, I just could not put it down...and now I have to see the movie...Another was Already Home by Susan Mallery.. this books was just so good and it was another book i could not put down once I began to read it..

I am lucky that in the morning our back yard was shady and I could sit on the back porch and read, but when the heat of the day and I mean heat, hit, I could come back into the nice cool house and get into my "hot" books like, One Night-Two Heirs by Maureen Child or Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer.. or how about I Love this Bar by Carolyn Brown.. Now there was a small "HOT' small Texas town...
So far it has been a good summer for reading and more to come...

Anonymous said...

pl;aying dirty
vick thompson blaze an djo leigh

flchen1 said...

I finally caved and started Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson stories this month--wow! I've been reading shorter Harlequin stuff when I'm not sure what else to read, and as you said, generally they are a pleasing bunch :) I'm not sure what to start next at the moment...