Thursday, July 07, 2011

Q & A with Sherry Soule!



Tell us about your newest release.

Quirky, Shiloh Ravenwolf is a sixteen-year-old heritage witch. She lives in the gloomy town of Whispering Pines, where teenagers have mystically disappeared for over ten years. When construction on Ravenhurst Manor unleashes a sinister evil, the body count rises. And Shiloh's would-be boyfriend is next on the supernatural hit list. Shiloh decides it's her duty and Destiny (Yes, with a capital "D") to find out what is causing the unexplained phenomena.

Can you tell us a little about your favorite scene in the story?

First meeting between MS and love-interest. Here is a teaser:

For a moment, I ignored the shadows, the fog, and the wraith. As if the moonlight and his gaze had transformed me into something brave and beautiful. Something enchanted like a wildflower in the shade of the forest. We gazed at each other with a fierce unrest. The world had gone still with a seething passion, which agitated the space between our bodies. Night contained only the two of us. Trent’s emerald eyes were half-closed, the pupils huge, and I felt myself falling into them. My body ached. My heart swelled with desire. So many words went unspoken as we lingered in the dark. But all thought and words seemed to slip away. A car drove past and I blinked, feeling slightly dazed. And spellbound.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I’ve had an obsession with the written word since I held my first book in my hands at age seven.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your stories?

I’ve always had a morbid fascination with haunted houses and ghosts.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

To be tough and murder scenes that aren’t working or don’t advance the plot

What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

The fantastic and talented authors, Kate Evangelista and Lynn Rush.

What does your family think about your career as a published author?

Actually, I haven’t told anyone yet. Just my supportive online friends.

Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

Watching scary movies and my favorite TV shows: SUPERNATURAL, Vampire Diaries, TrueBlood, Game of Thrones, and I can’t wait for CW’s new series “The Secret Circle” about witches. Yay!

Can you tell us about what’s coming up next for you writing wise?

Working on my revisions for the sequel, Beautifully Haunted.

How can readers connect with you online?

Official website: http://sherrysoule.com/

Official blog: http://sherrysoule.blogspot.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/writersherry


Book Trailer:





Click here to learn how to purchase BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm looking forward to reading Beautifully Broken. :)

Sherry Soule said...

Thank you so much for having me as a guest! :-)