Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Q&A with Terri Wolffe!


Tell us about your newest release.

In Desperate Desires, light-hearted fare is the coin of the realm when Lady Lucinda Davenport kidnaps and seduces the Duke of Carlsborough, Lucien Brandford, only to fall in love with him. Under her spell, the duke becomes a willing and inventive partner of remarkable stamina who delivers the goods again and again.

Kirkus Review says: “Their over-the-top sexploits make for a lusty, light-weight romp!”


Can you tell us a little about your favorite scene in the story?


Hmmm…I loved writing about the character, Maddy. Readers seem to agree that she adds so much hilarity to the storyline. I love the scene where she meets the duke for the very first time and ends up slapping the daylights out of him. Given his rank and status, it was a humbling experience for the duke.


When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?


I think I fell into a category that many writers find themselves in. You know the one: “Oh, writing a book would be a ‘nice’ thing to do.” However, no attentive energy was put toward an effort. That changed for me in 201 when I realized not only did I want to do it, but that I was holding myself back from doing it out of fear.


Where do you get your information or ideas for your stories?


Google can be a person’s best friend! I did a lot of research on the 18th Century lifestyle because I wanted the book to “fee” authentic. I’ve noticed that some books written about those times don’t seem real to me. I’ve got a number of character’s stories piping through my head that I’ve jotted down their storylines.


What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

There were times when I had to bribe myself with Snickers bars to make myself write when I didn’t feel like it.


What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?


The most surprising aspect of writing Desperate Desires was how much I actually enjoyed writing the book. I had fun with the characters and I laughed when they laughed and cried when they cried.



What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?


My favorite author is John Connolly. I love Susan Johnson, Elizabeth Boyle, Robyn Williams, Lee Child, Scott Turrow, John Grisham, Dan Mahoney, Steven Bochco and Phillip Margolin. But of course, there are others!


What does your family think about your career as a published author?


Thus far, I’ve managed to keep it a quiet secret.


Besides writing, what other interests do you have?


Twice a month, I volunteer to tutor children, improving their literacy skills; gardening; animals; and of course reading.


Can you tell us about what’s coming up next for you writing wise?



The current project that I writing is a sequel to Desperate Desires. Readers have put a demand on know what transpired between Lucien and Lucinda at the end of Desperate Desires


How can readers connect with you online?



Readers can visit http://www.terriwolffe.com/  



Via Twitter at: (@TerriWolffe )



Via Facebook: (Facebook)

1 comment:

Caffey said...

I am so elated about this book and series!! I need to check again when this out! Great to read your interview and all about this book!