Sunday, January 02, 2011

Q&A with Tina Martin!

1. Tell us about your newest release.

Secrets On Lake Drive is an emotional story of Monica Smith and Sean Beauvais, two people who are seemingly rivals but may be just what the other needs to have a happy, meaningful and successful life. Secrets On Lake Drive is a novel based on the secrets each person carries. In the end, those secrets may hold them together or drive them apart. Read a longer synopsis and review at http://www.prlog.org/10887490-apex-review-of-secrets-on-lake-drive-tina-martin.pdf. Secrets On Lake Drive is available at Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.


2. Can you tell us a little about your favorite scene in the story?

I have many favorite scenes in the novel, but one of my favorites is when Monica shows up at Sean’s house to give him a class portrait. She’s so distracted by his good looks and his chiseled abs she temporarily forgets why she came over in the first place. Sean smiles, because he already knows he’s ‘all that’ and to see a woman completely lose her focus because of his handsomeness is appealing to him.



3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

The idea of actually writing a book was very intriguing to me. When I realized that I had a knack for writing essays and short stories in a creative writing class in college, I knew that writing a novel would be my next step. So I did it, and I have to say that I love writing and making a story come together.



4. Where do you get your information or ideas for your stories?

I get inspiration for my stories from everyday life. Plus, I love romance movies, chick flicks and so forth, so I think my knowledge in that area helps to strengthen my stories and develop my characters so much so that readers can connect with them easily.


5. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

Hmm…I guess that would be listening to music for inspiration to write some scenes in my novels. For instance, if I’m working on a romantic scene, then I would listen to some nice R&B artists like Ne-yo or Musiq.

6. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

I learned that when I’m very close to a manuscript it’s easy to overlook things so I need to take a break from it and revisit it in order to make sure it’s perfect. I also learned that it’s always a plus to have a good editor on hand!


7. What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?

I really do not know or have friendships with a lot of authors, so my influence would come from my husband, sisters and friends who encourage me to continue writing.



8. What does your family think about your career as a published author?

My family loves the idea. It seems like it’s more exciting for them than it is for me. I still think they can’t believe I am a writer.



9. Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

Traveling. I have family all over the US so I travel a lot, which is awesome, because I have personally visited a wide variety of settings that will be used in my novels, like Virginia Beach for instance.



10. Can you tell us about what’s coming up next for you writing wise?

In March 2011, I will be releasing my next novel, Another Man’s Treasure, with Xpress Yourself Publishing. Ask yourself – Have you ever been in love or had a crush on someone who has never paid you any attention until you moved on and found someone else? Now all of a sudden, they’re interested…if so, Another Man’s Treasure is the read for you, but I must warn you…it’s very intense! The release date is March 15, 2011.


11. How can readers connect with you online?

You can read excerpts from all of my novels, find out about upcoming book signings and much more at my website:

Website: http://www.tinamartinbooks.com/

Keep track of the life of an author and my events at:

Blog: http://www.ibetterfindyourlove.blogspot.com/

Check out my publisher’s site at:

Publisher’s Site: http://www.xpressyourselfpublishing.com/

Find me on Facebook:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tinamartinbooks

Check out Amazon.com to read customer reviews, then get your copy today: Click here

And of course, you can email me anytime at: tina@tinamartinbooks.com

~*~*~*~*
A big thank you to Tina for joining us, and as a treat, here is her book trailer on Secrets on Lake Drive. It's not long, so give a look.

No comments: