Thursday, September 30, 2010
Q&A with H.P. Mallory!
1. Tell us about your newest release.
In Fire Burn, I love the scenes in the fairy village because I really got to use my imagination and creativity. In Warlock, I love the scenes after Knight drinks a potion that makes him super horny.
3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve wanted to be a writer all my life. Ever since I was a little girl, I was writing or thinking about stories.
4. Where do you get your information or ideas for your stories?
They just sort of occur to me. I just think about different story lines and wonder if they would make good books.
5. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Hmm, I don’t really have one, I don’t think. I’m just always thinking about things that could happen in my books—when I’m driving, in boring meetings, etc. I do all the creating in my head, ahead of time so I know exactly what will happen in each chapter.
6. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Just that I had the strength of mind and determination to finish a book. It’s a pretty big accomplishment, especially if the book is pretty long like Fire Burn is.
7. What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?
My critique partner, Lori Brighton, was a huge help because she really helped open my eyes to the publishing world and acted as a great critique partner to make my writing as strong as it could be.
8. What does your family think about your career as a published author?
My family is very supportive. My mom is my editor so she’s very involved!
9. Besides writing, what other interests do you have?
Well, I work full time and I have a 16 month old son so I don’t really have time for other interests, unfortunately. When I do, though, I love to travel. I lived abroad in the UK for two years and that was one of the best adventures of my life.
Meet the Author: Lexi Post is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of romance inspired by the classics. She spent ...
A Party to Remember Since my hero in BEYOND DANGER, Beau Reese, is a mega rich playboy, a once-famous race car driver, I thought it...
Release Tour for MAYBE EVER AFTER by Cassie Graham Maybe it’ll never happen, or maybe they’ll get their ever after all in MAYBE EVE...