Thursday, September 30, 2010
Q&A with H.P. Mallory!
1. Tell us about your newest release.
In Fire Burn, I love the scenes in the fairy village because I really got to use my imagination and creativity. In Warlock, I love the scenes after Knight drinks a potion that makes him super horny.
3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve wanted to be a writer all my life. Ever since I was a little girl, I was writing or thinking about stories.
4. Where do you get your information or ideas for your stories?
They just sort of occur to me. I just think about different story lines and wonder if they would make good books.
5. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Hmm, I don’t really have one, I don’t think. I’m just always thinking about things that could happen in my books—when I’m driving, in boring meetings, etc. I do all the creating in my head, ahead of time so I know exactly what will happen in each chapter.
6. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Just that I had the strength of mind and determination to finish a book. It’s a pretty big accomplishment, especially if the book is pretty long like Fire Burn is.
7. What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?
My critique partner, Lori Brighton, was a huge help because she really helped open my eyes to the publishing world and acted as a great critique partner to make my writing as strong as it could be.
8. What does your family think about your career as a published author?
My family is very supportive. My mom is my editor so she’s very involved!
9. Besides writing, what other interests do you have?
Well, I work full time and I have a 16 month old son so I don’t really have time for other interests, unfortunately. When I do, though, I love to travel. I lived abroad in the UK for two years and that was one of the best adventures of my life.
Meet the Author: Lexi Post is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of romance inspired by the classics. She spent ...
Release Tour for MAYBE EVER AFTER by Cassie Graham Maybe it’ll never happen, or maybe they’ll get their ever after all in MAYBE EVE...
Meet the Author: Sheryl Nantus is an award-winning romance writer published by Entangled, St. Martin's, Samhain, and Harlequin...