Thursday, May 13, 2010

Q&A with Eve Langlais!

1. Tell us about your newest release.

Alien Mate, my first sci-fi romance was released on May 14th with Amira Press. It’s a fun, very spicy novella of alien abduction.

2. Can you tell us a little about your favorite scene in the story?

I actually love the first chapter when the super hot alien arrives in our heroine’s living room–naked–and informs her that he’s come to be her leader. She thinks it’s a practical joke til she wakes up on his ship in space--naked. Then the sparks really fly.

3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I have wanted to be a writer since I first got sucked into the world of Nancy Drew back in grade two, but real life got in the way. I finally buckled down in February of 2009 and decided it was time to try and see if I had what it took. I wrote a full length novel titled Take A Chance, and to my surprise, it got picked up and is due to be released June 1st with ChampagneBooks.com .

4. Where do you get your information or ideas for your stories?

My ideas hit me at the oddest times. Being an 80's music lover, I get a lot of ideas for stories from listening to my nostalgic tunes. For my novella, Lucifer’s Daughter, it was a Honeymoon Suite song that helped me decide what kind of supernatural guy Muriel, the heroine, would end up with. That story comes out later this year with Liquid Silver. Other times I start with an abstract thought like ‘Wouldn’t it be neat if. . . an alien came and wanted to be some woman’s leader’. That’s how Alien Mate was born.

5. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

Hmm other than listening to my retro eighties that is? Probably chips. Don’t laugh. If you put a bag of sour cream and onion chips beside me, I write some damned tasty scenes lol.

6. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

The thing that shocked me most was learning writing a great story wasn’t enough. Being naive, I thought once I write it, people would buy it and love it. Not so. The hardest part of writing, and most time consuming, is the marketing. Mind, I’ve made some really nice friends along the way, but for someone who tends to be a homebody and whose idea of fun is curling up with a book, all this socializing and networking can be daunting. And here I thought being a writer would allow me to become a reclusive hermit.

7. What authors or friends influenced you in helping you become a writer?


My husband was my kick in the butt. For years, I’ve been making up different endings for movies or coming up with dirty story lines off the top of my head. Hubby bugged me for years to sit down and write, telling me I had the imagination for it. I’m glad I did. And before you ask, even after ten years of marriage, he’s still the hottest alpha around and a source of inspiration.

8. What does your family think about your career as a published author?

My husband brags about it constantly, and he’s planning an early retirement, so I’d better get cracking. My oldest daughter who is nine uses the word ‘Awesome’ and keeps asking why I won’t let her read my stuff. {ducking my head blushing} Knowing what I write, I don’t know if I ever will.

9. Besides writing, what other interests do you have?

I love to read and have since I first learned in grade one many, many years ago. When not reading, role play games is another passion. Right now in my spare time, I am playing an online wargame where I’m known as QueenEvel lol. In the summer, I spend a lot of time in the pool with my kids. With no air conditioning in our house, there’s days we rarely come out and when we do we resemble prunes lol.

10. Can you tell us about what’s coming up next for you writing wise?

I’ve already got three more pieces due out this year. Take A Chance which is a fantasy romance with a librarian and a wizard comes out June 1st from Champagne Books. I also have an erotic bdsm short story coming soon from Cobblestone Press and a personal fave of mine, Lucifer’s Daughter is coming sometime soon with Liquid Silver. Other projects are always in the works as I try to keep up with the clamoring voices in my head, so be sure to head on over to my website and see what I have brewing.

I want to thank everybody for popping by and checking out the interview and extend a special thank you to Patti for offering it.


You can contact Eve at: eve@evelanglais.com


Her website: http://www.evelanglais.com/

Alien Mate purchase site http://www.amirapress.com/

4 comments:

Caffey said...

Hi Eve! Wow, when I saw this cover and title, I had to keep reading to find out more! I haven't read an Alien theme romance in so long! And of course love them spicy! It sounds awesome and so must plan to get it, I do want to read that start thats your favorite! Congrats on all you have coming in the near future too!!

Eve Langlais said...

Thanks Caffey. I'll admit that cover is smoking HOT! LOL. I have a thing for abs. And it truly is spicy, I really like using those big, naughty words. I do hope you enjoy it when you get it.
Eve

joder said...

This sounds like a super fun and steamy book. I like the premise since I'm a huge paranormal fan. Your future projects sound equally exciting and I look forward to hearing more about them.

Eve Langlais said...

Thanks Joder. If you like paranormal then check back in a few weeks for the cover and release date for Lucifer's Daughter. She is one wicked-fun girl, but then again, given her parentage, she'd have to be. LOL.