Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Do you read.....




.....Harlequin Presents?

I do pick them up on occasion to read. I have several on my to be read pile.

I consider them my trashy comfort reads. Why, do you ask? Because I am one of those who bemoan the uber alpha male and the heroine who just lets him basically walk all over her. I prefer heroines with a little bit more oomph in how they interact with the hero. Harlequin Presents are the ultimate Alpha Male heroes but also provide for some sizzling love scenes. Some of my favorite early authors were Carole Mortimer and Penny Jordan and Violet Winspear.

But....even I have to admit Harlequin Presents has changed. Authors like Lucy Monroe and Miranda Lee have helped pave the way.

I read the very first Harlequin Presents that came out. Gosh...a long time ago! Greeks, Italians and Sheiks...oh my!

My question for you is--Do you have your trashy comfort read that you pick up?
Tell us about it and I'll put your name in a drawing for a...you guessed it...a Harlequin Presents. Winner to be chosen Sunday Friday night!

The Millionaire's Inexperienced Love-Slave by Miranda Lee


August 2008

Adrian Palmer, a millionaire architect, always had a beautiful woman in his bed. When he met Sharni Johnson, a pretty young widow, she seemed perfect for his wicked brand of seduction. And wicked it was; he was blown away by the intensity of their lovemaking.

But Sharni was not a one-night-stand kind of girl. Adrian was prepared to do anything to have her—but there was one problem: he was the spitting image of Sharni's late husband….

10 comments:

limecello said...

Hehe, I *do* read harlequin presents! Also they're some of the books I buy before reading (b/c honestly, they're hard to find otherwise. The vast majority of libraries don't carry them).
Sometimes I get a "lemon" but sometimes ... the story is very well written. It's a guilty pleasure.

robynl said...

yes, I do read them. I like them for easy reading. enter me please.

Maureen said...

I like the Presents line. They are emotional but quick reads. I'd love to win one.

CrystalGB said...

I like the Presents line. They are the books that started me on reading romance.

Cherie J said...

I started reading the Harlequin Presents line when I was a teenager so I will always have a sort of feeling of affection for them. Every once in awhile I still like to pick up one if the storyline sounds great. I have a few on my reading pile right now.

acdaisy95 said...

I also like the Harlequin Presents line.

Karen H in NC said...

I used to read them years ago and quit because of the Ultra-Alpha hero using the wimpy heroine as a doormat. Also, the constantly repeated story themes got a little boring. Haven't tried them lately but I'm willing to overlook my early complaints for a chance to read a new and improved book.

Lindy said...

My trashy comfort reads are usually Harlequin Blaze or the old Temptations. :>]

~Lindy

Jane said...

I've read a few of these books. I just recently discovered the Silhouette Desire line and I've been hooked. I just finished the Diamonds Down Under series from that line.

Penney said...

I love the Harlequin romances books please add me .
Thanks
Penney