Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ask Five with......MANDY M. ROTH!!!

Photobucket




Say a warm welcome to Mandy M. Roth!!!!

1. What is the title of your latest release and what’s it about?


Magnetic Attraction is the second book in the Droid Wars Series. It follows Dr. Conell Ballou and the feisty ship mechanic, Kiwi.

Blurb--

No matter how many light years you run, the past is never far behind.Tired of a life on the run, Kiwi has put down roots on a science vessel. She finds more than she bargained for in the form of cocksure, overachieving, too-sexy-for-his-own-good Dr. Conell Ballou. His arrogance is infuriating—which, strangely, makes her want him more.Since the tiny spitfire of a mechanic boarded his vessel, Conell hasn’t been able to focus on much of anything except her. Kiwi’s mere presence pulses through every synthetic and humanoid part of his body. And, unknown to both Kiwi and Conell, her past is entwined with his.But a deranged captain of the Vanos, the alien race from which they’re defending mankind, is still hunting for Kiwi. Against all the odds, Conell and Kiwi have a second chance at happiness—if the enemy doesn’t find them first.Warning, this title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, kick ass, strong-willed heroine, partially rebuilt sexy alpha males with bionics, who are bigger, stronger, faster and a hell of a lot harder to deal with.

2. Writing is sometimes a lonely occupation...how do you stay motivated?

I’m very driven so it’s more a matter of taking time out to stop and enjoy life than needing to stay motivated. My brain seems to be in a constant state of thinking about the next story angle, or the next line of dialogue I just can’t wait to get down on paper. I love my job but you’re right, it can be very lonely at times. I do my best to stay connected to people via the phone and the internet. Readers are fabulous and often take time out to drop me a line. That’s always welcome!

I have a group of friends that aren’t afraid to abduct me and drag me to the local coffee shop to assure I get out of my writing cave and blow the stink off. They’re settling for once a month now but I’m guessing they’ll riot soon enough and get twice a month out of me… that or just start showing up with the coffee which would mean I’d never have to get out of my pajamas again. LMAO!

3. Which authors have influenced you over the years, whether for their writing or for their friendship?

I cut my reading teeth on Anne Rice, Stephen King, Clive Barker, John Saul. Once I started in the industry I found myself falling in love with romance books. Authors like Jaci Burton, Lauren Dane, Melani Blazer, Shannon Stacey, Kimberly Kaye Terry, Jacquelyn Frank and so many I’ll forget to list, extended their hands to me and have been amazingly supportive and wonderful influences. Not to mention, I’m in total lust with their books. Last but certainly not least writing afforded me the opportunity to meet, work with and become extremely close friends with Michelle M Pillow. The friendship is totally selfish on the part of me… I’m close to her just to get first read rights to her next books. LOL. I’m kidding.


4. What’s the most interesting thing about you that very few people know?

It’s hard to come up with something that people don’t know about me. If I had to say one thing, I’d go with the fact I’m a great big science geek who loves everything to do with it. I can’t be sure but I think I write to be able to afford my reference book habit.

5. Finally...looking into the crystal ball, what is coming up in the near future for you?

Total world domination. Oh, crap… was looking at wrong crystal ball. Hmm, I hope that I’ll be able to keep doing what I love to do.

Be sure to visit Mandy's website to learn more!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Mandy, I enjoyed your answers, and totally agree with your author list, those are some of my favorite's too.

Caffey said...

I must go to Mandy's site and find out what the first book in this series is! I've enjoyed many of hers. It was great to read the interview.

mandymroth said...

Thanks for having me!