Sunday, December 02, 2007

Q&A with Cara Carnes and Tuesday Chat Announcement!


Cara Carnes, along with Linnea Sinclair, will be my guest in the Romance Reviews Today chat room this coming Tuesday at 9pm est. To get ready for this exciting chat, here is an interview with the lovely Cara Carnes! You can buy her story, Warrior's Paradise, at Loose Id by clicking here.

PS...yes, there will be prizes at the chat. Come to chat and find out what. ;-)


1. Tell us about Warrior's Paradise.

Shana Danson is concerned about her adopted sister's obsession over another world. To prove to herself and to her sister that it doesn't exist, Shana decides to test it by saying the chant that takes you to Paradise, a place where your wildest fantasies can come true.

She is surprised to find herself in Paradise, and at the mercy of Lucian, their fiercest warrior. All he wants is the one thing she doesn't want to give him - how she came to know of Paradise. Determined to protect the identity of her adopted sister, she must choose between loyalty and surrendering to her darkest desires.

Lucian is determined to obtain the answers he needs, and he will do anything to get them. She came to play in Paradise, and he fully intends to give her more than she could have possibly imagined. As the bonds of trust and passion ignite and surround Shana and Lucian, the hardest test of all will determine their destiny.

2. How long have you been writing?

I began writing seriously this past year, but have wanted to write since I was very young.

3. How many hours a day do you spend writing?

I try hard to write at least 3 hours a day during the week, and at least 10 hours on the weekends. It is hard sometimes; however, because I still have a "day job" that demands a lot of hours of my week.

4. Any advice for those not yet published?

Believe in yourself and your voice. Take what you can from the advice, critiques and feedback you get but never forget your own voice. It is what makes you unique. Get your name out there. If you are using a pen name, use it on the writing boards you belong to. Let people get used to seeing it and recognize it. Brand yourself.

Most importantly, be persistent and patient. It takes time, and a lot of hard work.

5. Who are some of your favorite authors?

There are so many, I'd be hard pressed to name just a few. I am a voracious reader, and love just about every romance genre out there. Some of the first books I read were Harlequins, but I quickly dove into historical romances.

My current favorites are mostly contemporary or paranormal, ranging in degrees of sensuality from mild to erotic.

6. Finally, where can readers find you on the world wide web? Website, Blog, MySpace?

My website is http://www.caracarnes.com/.
My blog is caracarnes.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Jennifer Y. said...

Wonderful interview and congrats on the release!

Mo said...

Awesome interview! Your book sounds fascinating Cara! I wouldnt mind a place like Paradise myself ;)