Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ask Five with....GINA BLACK!!


Here is a newly published author that I've been waiting to see in print since her run in RT's American Title competition! Get to know....Gina Black:


1. Tell us a little about The Raven's Revenge.

THE RAVEN'S REVENGE is set during England's Restoration, right after the Puritans lost power and Charles II returned as King. The heroine, Katherine Anne Welles, has been raised as a Puritan. When her father arranges a marriage with their villainous neighbor, she flees in the arms of a wounded highwayman, even though she distrusts his offer of help.

Nicholas Montford, the exiled Earl of Ashton, has been masquerading as a highwayman since returning to England to reclaim his family lands. As the Raven, he takes revenge upon the Puritans who thrived while his family suffered. But when he kidnaps heiress Katherine Welles, thoughts of revenge take second place to kissing her soft lips and teasing the mistrust from her eyes. Can he find redemption in the arms of the woman he will eventually betray?

2. How long have you been writing?

I have been writing since I was a child. I have only seriously been pursuing publication for the past four years. THE RAVEN'S REVENGE was my first book. I've since written another which is sitting in the deep dark recesses of my hard drive, and I'm now working on a third.

3. What friends and/or writers have influenced you over the years?

As a child, Mark Twain was the author who made me want to be a writer. As an adult, I'd have to say Jane Austen, Barbara Samuel, Laura Kinsale, Mary Jo Putney are the authors I admire. I don't think I would have ever finished writing THE RAVEN'S REVENGE if it wasn't for my critique partner, Lisa Valdez, whose steadfast encouragement kept me going, especially when I balked at putting my characters through the dark moment.

4. What do you consider the hardest part of writing?

Email. Seriously. Not getting distracted is hard. Writing every day is the best way I know of staying focused and getting rid of those distractions but finding writing time every day is a real challenge.

5. What's up next for you?

I'm working on a Young Adult with light paranormal elements.

*****

To learn more about Gina, vist her website at ginablack.net

No comments: