Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ask Five with....Ruby Storm!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wow, our latest blog guest is Ruby Storm, who writes them hotter than a firestorm. :) If you haven't read Ruby's books, then march yourself over to Ellora's Cave or Cerridwen Press and pick her up!

Read on and learn more about Ruby:

1. What is the title of your latest release and what’s it about?

My latest release is a menage novella released at Ellora's Cave. It's the second book in my Precious Gems series. Essence of Emerald is Emerald Tucci's story. Emmi has a problem. She's engaged to one sexy man. Mark Vistar embodies every woman’s dream. Tall, muscular, and handsome enough to send shivers down any woman’s spine. But still, she can’t confirm a wedding date and the reason is Jay, Mark’s best friend. She doesn’t love Jay, yet the man’s sensual magnetism has her enduring sleepless nights and rampant sexual emotions…and wondering what it would be like to have two men make love to her at the same time. To squash her wandering thoughts of a fantasy come true, she speaks honestly with Mark in hopes that by coming clean, her strange desires will be put to rest. Emmi even admits that her candor could possibly mean the end of her engagement. She never counted on Mark and his devotion to her, or the fact that he loves her enough to make her fantasy come true. For an excerpt, I'm providing a link! http://www.rubystorm.net/books-essenceofemerald

2. How do you come up with ideas for your stories?

I've got the 'writer's mind' syndrome. LOL. Rather than just look at my surroundings in an uninterested way, I find I'm always evaluating. It could be a song, a movie title, something someone might have said, or a small scene playing out in front of me in real time. My first erotica, Payton's Passion, was written on a dare from an author friend of mine. I couldn't come up with anything until one night my husband and I headed to a small town bar on a Tuesday night to have a drink. It was pretty quiet. A couple came in the back door and sat at the bar. After ordering, he simply stared mutely at the television and she quietly stirred her drink. No conversation. I glanced at her hand and yes, she wore a wedding ring. Instantly the idea to write a book about how to get the spark back in a marriage wouldn't leave me alone. I had just found my muse! The reviewers loved Payton's Passion! Here I go again -- a link for an excerpt! http://www.rubystorm.net/books-paytonspassion


3. How do you stay motivated?

Thank god that's not a problem! It's hard to shut my mind down at night. Currently I have fourteen stories with Ellora's Cave, three (a series) with Cerridwen Press and five more stories started!!

4. If you were stranded on a desert island with one of your heroes, which one would you most like to be there?


This is a toughie to answer! I love them all. But I guess if I had to choose, I could narrow it down to one of the Wilkins brothers in my historical romance Keeper series. Ah hell...I'll take all three!

5. What’s coming up in the near future for you?

I have my first gay menage coming out on March 28th at Ellora's Cave called Perfecting Pearl. This is the last book in my Precious Gems menage series. This book was a real challenge. I had to put myself into the character's head and look at all aspects of a love relationship from a man's point of view. There wasn't any 'he' - 'she'...just 'he' 'he' and 'he'. Just the mechanical writing of a sentence completely changes. I did a lot of research, talked to a lot of fine gentlemen and must say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'm hoping to write another gay love story in the future. Oops, here it comes again...another link! http://www.rubystorm.net/books-perfectingpearl

I also have an erotica due out on June 1st. It's a contemporary love story called MR. FULLSERVICE and is about an older woman and a younger man and all the pitfalls they endure just to be together. I can't wait for this one to come out! My editor absolutely LOVED this story. I hope the reviewers will too!
http://www.rubystorm.net/books-mrfullservice

To learn more about Ruby and her books, visit her at http://www.rubystorm.net/

Thanks Ruby, for chatting with us!

No comments: