Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ask Five with........Shiloh Walker!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingShiloh Walker is probably one of those authors you've heard about, but don't know a lot about. Shiloh has written stories that will fit just about anyone's tastes, whether it be a paranormal or a contemporary.

Sit down and get to know the very busy Shiloh Walker.

1. What is the title of your latest release and what's it about?

My latest release is an ebook at Samhain Publishing
It's a paranormal romance, about a man who can talk to the dead.

A horrific tragedy blasted open a door in young Michael O'Rourke's mind-cursing him with the ability to talk with the Dead. Nearly two decades later, Michael has moved from victim to survivor, using his abilities to seek out those who would go unjudged.
With his gift, he talks to those who've died violently and seeks out their killers. Only once he's found the murderer, can the victims be at rest. After his last case, the only thing he wants is peace and he hopes to find it in the small town of Mitchell, Indiana.
But something is horribly wrong-the dead are waiting for him there, as well.
Small town sheriff Daisy Crandall is frustrated. The murder investigation she's leading is going nowhere, the few leads she's had haven't panned out. She needs a break-this case is personal and when a stranger arrives, turning up where he shouldn't be, she's suspicious. Finding out that he is more than what he appears to b, should shock her but doesn't. The fact she's highly attracted to him at the worst possible time is a hindrance.
Unfortunately, teaming up with Michael is the only way.
Now it's a race against time before the killer destroys the life of his next victim...




2. What made you decide to get into writing full time?



Burn out? I've been writing since I was a kid, published since 2003. Up until April 2004, I worked full time at a doctor's office and wrote at home when I could. But we had a lot of difficult things going on at work~it was a pediatrician's office and sadly a lot of people don't care for their kids as they should. It just got too hard seeing some of it. So I quit and decided to make a go of writing full time. Just writing.


3. How do you stay motivated?

*G* I like making money. And telling stories. If the story is going as it should, it isn't going to shut up until I tell it.


4. How do you come up with ideas for your stories?

I think almost every writer dreads this question, ya know? I honestly don't know. Sometimes I'll wake up from a dream and a story is there. Other times I'll be daydreaming and there a story is. Or I see something on the TV that sparks an idea. But there's not a cut and dried answer for me


5. What's coming up in the near future for you?

I have two books with Berkley coming out next year, a Hunters short story with Ellora's Cave, possibly a re issue of a book that was with a different publishing coming out from Triskelion, an anthology from Pocket...for now, that's all I know about.


Thanks for visiting with us, Shiloh!
You can visit Shiloh at her website, www.shilohwalker.com or at the Vamps and Scamps blog.

5 comments:

Stacy~ said...

I'm so glad you like making money Shi.

Great interview.

Cryna said...

Great interview. Shi thanks for taking time to visit with us.

Amy S. said...

Great interview!

kim said...

great interview

Lisa Freeman said...

I read this a while back. Great book, but then all I've read of yours is great. Looking forward to your Berkley releases.