Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ask Five with... Alyssa Brooks!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingAlyssa Brooks is one busy woman! Between her writing and raising her family (and husband), she's also the co-owner of Wicked Escapes, a free-ezine for erotica readers. Sit down and get to know Alyssa Brooks:

1. What is the title of your latest release and what’s it about?
My October Kensington Aphrodisia release, The Cop, is still on bookstores shelves. An anthology by myself, Sasha White, and Renee Alexis, The Cop is all about the sexy heroes who serve and protect us. Yummy!

My novella features a heroine, Kirsten, who finds herself arrested by a small town sheriff, Reid, after being framed for stealing her ex's convertible. Unfortunately, the town's jailhouse is under construction, and it's the weekend, so Reid is forced to take Kirsten home. Sparks fly, the handcuffs trade power, and soon Reid and Kirsten find themselves in deeply in love...and trouble.

Interested readers can watch the book trailer and find out more on my website at www.alyssabrooks.com/arrested.htm

2. Tell us about yourself.

Where to start...? Obviously, I'm a author. I currently write contemporary erotic romance for Berkley HEAT, Kensington Aphrodisia, and Ellora's Cave.
I co-own a free ezine for erotica readers, Wicked Escapes, with author Larissa Lyons and I make book trailers (for myself and other authors). When I'm not typing away or promoting, I'm a mother to four children- my two teenage stepsons, a 2 year old daughter, and the biggest baby of them all, my husband (who, at 36, still can't figure out how to work the faucet and make himself a glass of water! We're working on it!). The family keeps me fairly busy, but I try to find time for occasional crafts (I love making tie-dye shirts and socks!) and hiking and reading. I also love to watch movies and CSI and Sex and the City. I'm a huge fan of chocolate, a habit that's been recently curtailed by some health issues (I have fibro and I'm pre-diabetes). Hell, I love food in general and with that, cooking, but I'm always try to get healthy (Okay. So I've never done a diet that lasted longer than a week. I said I try!).


3. Which authors have influenced you over the years, whether for their writing or for their friendship?

Lots of authors have influenced me--a long, long time ago, I was a huge fan of Cassie Edwards and it was because of reading her bio that I decided I wanted to write romance (that and the library ran out of books for me to read!). Later, author Karen Monroe with Liquid Silver Books, introduced me to erotic romance. Besides her work, the first erotic romance title I read was by Jaid Black...and after that, I was hooked on writing the genre. These days, no author influences me more than my writing partner, Larissa Lyons. She's a tough cookie to receive a critique from--doesn't let me get away with anything! We compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses perfectly, which I feel is so important for critique partners. We are always challenging and learning from each other. Thanks Larissa!


4. How do you come up with ideas for your stories?

I really don't seem to have a problem with that...if only I could stop coming up with ideas! I have ideas for too many stories to ever write...they just seem to pop in my head. It doesn't take much--a television show, a comment someone makes, an ad, or sometimes, just me getting swept away in thought--and the characters come alive and start talking (sometimes out loud!). My imagination has always been too big for my own good...just ask my mother! As a kid, I didn't just play pretend, pretend was my life!

5. What’s coming up in the near future for you?

My second Kensington Aphrodisia title, The Firefighter, with authors Susan Lyons and PJ Mellor, releases in February. The Firefighter is another great men-in-uniform collection all about firefighters, sexy heroes every woman would like to have save her! After that, readers can look forward to my single title debut with Berkley HEAT, Come and Get Me which is about a woman who gets cold feet about her impending wedding and dares her sexually repressed fiancé to "come and get me" in a exotic, erotic chase around the world.

Readers can check out book trailers, excerpts, and more about these titles on my website at www.alyssabrooks.com

Thanks so much for having me, Patti! The new blog is great! Hugs, Alyssa

Thank you, Alyssa! You can read the review for The Cop here. And here is a sneak peak at the cover for The Firefighter.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Liz said...

Cool Alyssa
I can't wait for The Firefighter I love The Cop.
And I read Wicked Escapes

Amy S. said...

Great interview Alyssa! I have The Cop on my tbr list. Can't wait for The Firefighter.